𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐓𝐰𝐨

________________________

Years later

_________________________

"Welcome to the final round of the KBF grand tournament. The crowd is going absolutely insane tonight, you can hear the cheers from outside the arena."

"Yes, Yunho the turnout is remarkable, such a contrast to covid where the stands were empty, the atmosphere is electric am I right."

"You know what else is electric, the stares between our two finalists, Hong Woo-jin versus Park Yeon-jun. Look at them, you can feel the tension in the air."

"If anything, this is going to be a match for the history books. Who will be champion?

"There's a special supporter in the crowd, Hong Woo-jin comes from a line of formidable boxers, but a little birdie told me about his brother-in-law and former opponent Kim Geon-woo is rooting from the sidelines.

"The heavyweight champion Kim Geon-woo?"

"Yes, isn't it amazing they had competed for rookie champion way back in 2020 and Geon-woo had embarked victorious but look at them now, their bond is unbreakable, "

" Well, this surely is a match to look forward to. So, let's get this show on the road. I hope everyone is ready, because things are about to get interesting."

Seon-woo stood in the hallway, a nervous frown glued to her face as she held her phone in her hand, wincing at the blow Woo-jin took. It was the second round and Woo-jin was leading but that didn't settle the anxiety she felt while watching his match or any of his prior matches.

He seemed to almost dance around his opponent, light on his feet and she could make out the faint scar lines on his stomach hidden behind the blinding lights and mixture of blood and sweat. She bit her lip, clutching the phone tighter as Woo-jin rounded from behind Yeon-jun and with a devastating right hook, he delivered a knockout. 

The arena went silent, Woo-jin stumbled before the bell chimed and the audience burst into deafening cheers. Seon-woo's eyes lit up, throwing her hands in the air as a cheer escaped her lips. The commentors went crazy as Geon-woo bounced into the ring, hoisting Woo-jin in the air as she grinned. She was overjoyed, her husband just won championship. 

"Ms Kim"

Seon-woo froze as she met the bemused eyes of the security guard. She immediately straightened. Switching off her phone with a sheepish smile as she fixed her blazer, tugging it down and fixing herself as the man gestured to the doors.

'It's time"

She bowed gratefully, taking a deep breath as she picked up her bag and case files, standing before the large doors, the man gave her a small smile before opening the court rooms door for her to enter. Many eyes drew to her, different emotions on all their faces, she regained her composure, aligned her shoulders as she hid the quirk of her lips and made her way to the defendant.

"Thank you so much Ms Kim"  the old woman cried, holding her hands in such a grip while the son, adorned in a nauseating orange and reduced to a number stood behind his mother, bowing gratefully as the family professed their gratitude

"It's my pleasure ma'am" Seon-woo smiled warmly as they made their way out of the court room and out of the building. The family split from her side. Seon-woo shook out her shoulders, releasing the tension in her neck as she brushed her hair back and out of her eyes. She stood by the steps before she paused, a grin making its way onto her face as she spotted her man standing at the foot of the stairs, adorned in a neat shirt and dress pants, dashing glasses perched on his nose and a bouquet in hand as he looked up at her. His lip was split, light bruising on his cheekbone but his smile mirrored hers. Seon-woo all but floated down the stairs, her heels clicking against the stone until she stood before him, glancing up as he handed her the flowers.

'Congratulations on winning your case' Woo-jin chimed as she chuckled warmly. 

"How did you know?" she said curiously as he rolled his eyes lightly, gently grabbing her bag as he placed it by their feet. 

"Please, I've seen you slave away day and night with this case. Your stubborn ass woud still be in there if you didn't. That, and I know my wife" he said as she let out a scoff, her eyes rolling but her smirk was evident on her face.

"You're a real know it all you know " she said, lightly hitting his chest with the flowers. " And I should be the one congratulating you Mr KBF champion" she grinned as he smirked fondly.

'You watched it?" a sparkle lit up in his eyes as she nodded. 

"I would never miss it" she said.

Woo-jin took a step forward, his arm snaking around her waist to her lower back as he tugged her into him until their chests met and he was looking down at her." I'm so proud of you' she cooed as he smiled, his other hand trailing to her cheek, his thumb lightly brushing her lips before she leaned forward, Woo-jin meeting her in the middle as he swooped in and captured her lips with his. Her eyes fluttered shut, the cool metal around his finger stinging her cheek as he pulled her closer into him.  Her heart was beating out of her chest as his thumped against hers. Her bouquet started to slip, Woo-jin's hand that rested on her cheek  grabbed it before it could droop from her fingers. His other hand pressed deeper into her back as she lifted herself up onto her toes, the bouquet now beside her bag. God, he was good. 

She smiled into his lips when he suddenly tightened his grip on her. Seon-woo felt herself fall into a dip, his lips still pouring his affection into her as he hovered them above the ground. Seon-woo gently detached herself, back still arched in his arms as she giggled, Woo-jin looking equally as amused. 

"Ever the charmer Hong Woo-jin" she mused as he shot her a wink, his lips tugging into his infamous shit eating grin.

" Can't help that you're a total knockout Kim Seon-woo"