𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬

"Im Jang do hasn't used a phone or card under his name in the last six months. He avoided everything that was traceable " Gang- yong's voice filtered over the line as Seon-woo, Geon-woo and Woo-jin sat at the table, a deep frown etched onto their faces as the familial drop in their chest resurfaced.

"Is there any other way?" Woo-jin asked, a desperate linger in his tone as it started to feel as if they were clutching at straws.

"Well, all we've managed to find for now is his bank account number. And the last three transaction was a cash withdrawal in March in Suwon."

"Isn't that enough to find him?" Seon-woo frowned, her thumbnail grasped between in her teeth in lacklustre.

"There are a few months' worth of footage, so we'd need a man on it full time. It would take some time". Gang-yong told them, disappointment laced in his tone as he sat confined to his hospital bed, his fingers enclosing harshly around the device. He hated not being able to do anything.

"Could we get his account number?" Geon-woo asked, Gang -yong relenting after a best as the line went dead. A heavy silence filled the air, almost suffocating as the group of three could feel the rising tensions entangle them but were idling a dwindling juncture.

"What are we going to do?" Woo-jin muttered, his voice low and dismal as Geon-woo reached for the phone, searching through the contacts until his finger hovered over a name. Curiosity filled Woo-jin and Seon-woo while Geon-woo's lips pursed desperately. " Who are you calling?"

"If we want to catch a criminal, we need someone who thinks like one" Geon-woo concluded as the name Jae-myeong flashed on screen.

"This prick is probably strapped for cash right now" the over charismatic voice of Jae-myeong chirped as they loitered in the parking lot. "Here's what you're going to do, deposit money into that account. When you send it, put down your phone number under the sender's name. Then he'll contact you. Guaranteed''.

Maybe it was the way his smile grew with each passing second, or how carefree he seemed to be but despite how much Jae-myeong got on her nerves, she wouldn't deny he was efficient with his tasks. Colour her impressed at his plan, but her face remained passive in an attempt to not give him that satisfaction.