𝐱𝐯. 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲

"Mr Choi, you wanted to speak to me" Seon-woo said, making her way downstairs into the basement, bowing respectfully as he sent her a kind smile.

"I won't keep you long don't worry. I know Mr Hwang invited you all to his restaurant" he said as he offered her a drink. She accepted it warmly, turning away before facing him, placing the cup on the table.

"I already had a word with you brother, but it felt necessary to say this to you too." He said as she shifted in her seat.

"Thank you Seon-woo for looking after my Hyeon- ju. She told me about what you did, how you even managed to save some money from the safe." Seon-woo blushed, her hands clasped in front of her as she lowered her head flustered.

"It was an honour sir" she politely brushed as he smiled.

"Hyeon-ju has always been a lonely child. I waited for the day she would come to me wanting to go out with friends or do things young girls usually do. She never did but, after she met you, I think she's brightening up. She sees you as an older sister and I cannot be more grateful." He expressed as her lips lifted gently.

"Hyeon- ju is my everything, so you have my deepest gratitude Seon-woo"

"Please sir, I will forever repay you for your kindness you showed me and my family. It's only fair I return it to yours" she smiled as he nodded, his eyes wrinkling, eliciting a warm glow around his face.

"When this is over, I hope you find something you're passionate about, maybe go to university like how you wanted. After all the money you recovered, think of it as an investment in your future" he said as she glanced at him, her eyes slightly teary as she grinned gratefully.

"Thank you, thank you so much Mr Choi" she professed as he chuckled warmly, patting her knee lightly.

"Now go, Mr Hwang doesn't like to be kept waiting."

"Put some wasabi on it and have it with soy sauce" Mr Hwang suggested as Seon-woo took a bite of the halibut.