𝐢𝐢. 𝐌𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠

"You know what? I lowkey miss your long hair" Seon-woo said as she glanced at Woo-jin who strolled down the street beside her. Seoul was bright and alive when night fell, the city coming to life as the stars flickered in the sky and neon lights of 24-hour stores casted a glow onto the sidewalk. Geon-woo walked a little while ahead, his head constantly lowering and rising, his eyes jumping from the device in hand to the names hanging on the buildings as he tried to find the address Mr Oh had sent them for their apartment, he had conveniently hooked up for the three.

"Yeah, you don't like it" he said, his hand moving to his now trimmed locks.

"I never said I didn't like it, you look good" she said, shrugging lightly as she readjusted her duffel bag in dismissal. " I just thought the long hair suited you".

A teasing smile tugged at his lips, his ears tinting a rosy pink as he placed a dramatic hand to his cheek.

"You think I look good" he remarked as Seon-woo rolled her eyes.

"Oh, you hear that, I'm coming Geon-woo'' she suddenly exclaimed, brushing past him and falling into step with her confused brother, ignoring Woo-jin's bright laugh from behind them as they made their way into the apartment complex and into the lift.

"Unit 809" Geon-woo said, glancing down at his phone before they looked across the corridor for the apartment. Turning down the corridor, they spotted the one where they had searched for at the end of the hall, Woo-jin ringing the doorbell as they stood awkwardly.

"Yes?" they heard a young voice mumble. Woo-jin glanced at the two, them shrugging their shoulders as he lowered his mask, leaning down to the doorcam.

"Uh hello. We were sent by Mr Oh In- muk" he said before there was silence until a beep and the door opened, revealing a young girl, pink highlights in her hair and wide round glasses perched on her nose. She didn't spare them another glance, allowing them to enter, taken aback by her slightly cold demeanour.

"Now if I come back and notice any signs of tampering with the tape. I'll report you to the police" she said looking at the two boys as they all glanced at the cabinet that had streaks of yellow tape sealing it shut.

"Why is that?" Geon-woo asked innocently as she looked at him serious.

"My underwear is in there" she said as Seon-woo nodded in understanding, saving the two who flushed in embarrassment.

"Don't worry. They'd rather die" Seon-woo said, reassuring the girl.

"Okay then. Well, there's one bed here and one at the top. Who wants the top?" she said pointing to the little floating area above them.

"Uh, we're, well -" Woo-jin trailed seeing the two beds as he pointed to the three of them nervously.

"Just share" she scoffed, rolling her eyes, looking between Woo-jin and Seon-woo whose eyes widened.