𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐟

"They boil the body for days until the bones get soft. Then they grind them and pour them into the ocean. Fifteen million to get rid of a body that way" Mr Hwang informed as he drove, Mr lee in the passenger seat as Seon-woo sat sandwiched between her brother and Woo-jin in the one car, Mr Oh driving Hyeon-ju and Mr Choi behind them as they left the warehouse and made their way home.

 "You wouldn't be able to find a bone" Du-yeong realised, his face scrunching in distaste. "Who boils people in a stew. These sick fcks" he grimaced "Who did you hear it from?"

"Seung-deok in prison"

"How does he know all that from prison?" he frowned; Mr Hwang shoot him a look as if it was obvious.

"Prison is always the fastest source of information" he said before Du-yeong, turned in his seat, his eyes softening on their dazed expressions.

"Are you guys all right?" he asked as they nodded, chorusing a yes sir.

His gaze flickered to Seon-woo who glanced up, nodding gently as she gave him a small smile.

"Witnessing that couldn't have been easy "he sympathised before facing forward again.

"By the way, what will happen when the casino opens?" Geon-woo asked as Mr Hwang furrowed in confusion.

"What do you mean?" he questioned. "Kim Myeong-gil will rake in the money" he finished, answering Geon-woo who nodded

"Geon-woo" Du-yeong called as he turned his head lightly in their direction." Gambling and drug addicts tend to take out a lot of private loans. Kim Myeong-gil plans to connect the casino with moneylending. The more people that visit his casino, the more people will take out loans".

"He'll have constant money flow" Seon-woo realised as Du-yeong nodded. "Ding ding ding'' he chimed.

"But only foreigners can go to casinos" Woo-jin muttered befuddled as Mr Hwang glanced at him through his rearview mirror. "Do you think he cares. He'll let big spenders in through the back. They won't make a lot operating legally".

Du-yeong sighed "Once he's made enough money he'll take out a loan and buy a building. Then he'll use that as collateral for a bigger loan and buy an even bigger building."

''That bastard really is something" Woo-jin grumbled.

"He'll go harder running the casino to pay back that loan and Smile Capital will squeeze even more people dry. It'll be the opening of Kim Myeong-gil's empire".

Seon-woo's apprehensive eyes danced between them as a heavy tension filled the air. A part of her believed they were way in over their heads. I mean, minutes ago they had witnessed a live torture display, and as sickening as it was, as disturbing the sight was to see, especially by people she had considerably grown to care for. She realised, although they had been thrust into this life she had no idea what it really entailed. Mr Hwang, ever the cynic yet who had looked after them as if they were his own was one of the most ruthless killers that a vile man like Kim Myeong-gil would fear. Du-yeong, a man with the warmest and softest heart she had seen, someone she cared for and who cared for her just the same, wouldn't hesitate to murder if given the order. Hell, she witnessed it live. Mr Choi, who's name to date only held good, had done unimaginable things to get him to that position. If to the world they were considered bad people, why didn't she feel like they were. Because at the end of the day, there was always someone worse.