𝐱𝐱𝐢. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝

The days seemed to almost blur for Geon-woo

Hours turned into days, days turned into weeks, and no matter what, he couldn't shake the horror of that day.

It had been going on for the two-week mark and neither Woo-jin nor Seon-woo had woken.

He could still remember that day, the vivid nightmare he kept reliving. He could still smell the sticky metallic scent of blood on his body as he carried the near lifeless bodies of his sister and practically brother. He remembered the wail of the sirens, men and women yelling as they strapped the two onto gurneys, Hyeon- ju practically clinging onto him as he held onto his sister's hand, the other reaching for Woo-jin's shirt as another paramedic held him forcefully back.

He remembered the feeling of hopelessness when Hyeon- ju told him about Woo-jin and the desperation he felt at the thought of sister. He had remembered the sound of his scream, the way his vocal cords felt as if it had ripped him a new one, the sound so raw he had been swarmed by people.

He remembered the panic he felt when Hyeon- ju suddenly disappeared, his bloodied jacket folded neatly in the hands of an elderly woman who had approached him saying she had left.

He remembered the loneliness.

The days never got easier, not even when Mr Oh paid him a visit, informing him that they spoke to the hospital where they had arranged for Woo-jin and Seon-woo to be moved to the same suite. It was also when Mr Oh broke the news to him that Mr Hwang and Mr Lee had been killed while Hyeon-ju fled to Rome.

That night Geon-woo cried between his family as they laid unconscious on either side of him.

"Hello Jia" Geon-woo bowed as he made his way to Seon-woo and Woo-jin's shared room.

It had been just short of a month, Geon-woo practically living at the hospital, not daring to part with them. He wouldn't make the same mistake again.