is not

The cold air hit her face as she stood outside, panting heavily.

"Jesus, Kat!"

She shot up a glare at Noelle.

"Oh my god, why are you crying?" Noelle asked worriedly.

Kate touched her eyes. She hadn't even realized. She cleaned her face and breathed out. "I'm not"

"Kat-"

"I'm not!" She yelled. She breathed out again to calm her nerves and then spoke softly. "I'm not, seriously" she couldn't worry her friend with her problems.

Thankfully Noelle was understanding and didn't probe further. She knew Kate would tell her on her own terms.

"You just broke that hot guy's nose!" Noelle yelled, immediately going back to her scolding tone.

"He's not that hot" Kate rolled her eyes.

"Gosh, you're one crazy bitch"

"Which is why you love me"

"You're lucky I do" Noelle flipped her blonde hair, earning a chuckle from Kate. "Come on, let's leave before those guys get you"

She scoffed. "They wish they could get me"

They had just walked a few distance when they heard a yell from behind them.

"Hey, you!"

Kate turned to see one of the guys from earlier with Blue. He had just come out from the bar.

"Shit. Run, Elle!"

Noelle didn't think twice and just did as instructed. They got into Noelle's car and Kate looked back again. The guy was still chasing after them. But just as he was about to get to them, the car roared to life and they zoomed out of the premises.

***

The morning rays peeked through the window as Kate lay peacefully on the bed. She looked to be in deep slumber. A few strands of her curls covered her face; her hands and legs were sprawled in different directions on the bed. She cuddled her pillow closer, not wanting to wake up.

"Kat" Noelle called softly as she entered the small neat room.

They both shared an apartment not too far from school, with two bedrooms so each had their own space.

"Kat!" Noelle yelled and sat on the bed.

"Go away" Kate mumbled and snuggled her pillow even closer.

"Aw, aren't you so cute now?" She was being sarcastic. "Get up and take this coffee before you die of a hangover"

Kate groaned again as she felt the light banging in her head. This was what happened when you decided to drink with Noelle. But Noelle didn't even seem affected by the drink, or maybe it was because someone kept stealing her glasses.

Her.

She chuckled at her thoughts. She would never steal Noelle's drinks again, or else she wanted a worse hangover.

"Bitch, stop laughing and get up!" Noelle yelled and pulled the bed covers from her body, making her whine again. "You've been sleeping for like 9 hours, get up!"

Kate was about to grab the covers and go back to sleep but she immediately sat up on hearing Noelle. She didn't remember the last time she had slept that long.

"What time is it?" She asked.

"Uh, 10a.m?" Noelle shrugged, unsure.

Kate looked at her bed clock and immediately jumped out of bed, running to her closet. "Shit! I'm so late. I'm so late."