hearts

Kate walked quietly into her apartment. Even though it was quite early and a Sunday, she didn't want to wake up that light sleeper best friend of hers.

She dropped her bag and purse on the table as she sat down, last night still clouding her mind. What if she had kissed him? She was drunk. What if she had kissed a stranger? But that wasn't possible, Damien had taken her to his room.

She groaned and scratched her head. What even pushed her to do what she did?

"Kat?"

Kate whipped her head to Noelle coming out of the room. She looked bright like she had woken up hours ago.

"H-hi Elle"

So she was stammering now?

"I thought you'd still be at your dad's."

She bit her lip at the thought of her dad. No, she wasn't going to cry again. It wasn't that big of a deal. The man who had selfishly abandoned her as a child just turned out to be more selfish than she thought. What if he did the same to Alec? Kate looked at her phone. It was almost 8a.m and there was still no text from Alec.

She sighed heavily.

"Okay, it sounds like something bad happened"

Noelle sat next to her.

"You know you can tell me, bitch" Noelle called softly.

Kate sighed again. It might look like she was keeping secrets from her friend, but she didn't want to darken the mood with her sad stories this early in the morning.

"I-I..." She sighed and turned to Noelle. "I kissed Damien"

There was silence. Noelle's mouth hung open. She looked surprised, to say the least.

"What!?" Noelle screamed and immediately stood up. "Damien? Like the Damien?"

Kate rolled her eyes. This girl gave that guy way too much credit.

"Oh my god, how was it?" Noelle sat down again excitedly but then she immediately stood up and sat down again and stood up. Kate had a hard time keeping up with her movements.

"Just sit down, Elle"

"Gosh, I heard he's a good kisser. He's good at everything and--" Noelle was interrupted by her gasp. "Oh my gosh, did you guys have sex? Did someone finally break through your barrier?"

"Elle!" Kate yelled, her cheeks burning red with embarrassment.

"You're blushing! God, I guess I'm the only nasty virgin left"

"Noelle!" Kate put her palms over her face. She couldn't even keep up with this.

Noelle sat down again, "I heard he's the size of a huge--"

"Shut up!" Kate screamed.

Noelle pouted, "You're going to have to tell me how everything went"

"We didn't do anything! I was drunk and I kissed him, okay!"

Noelle's mouth hung open again before she shook her head. "Wait, you kissed Damien. Katherine Nervoh? Kissed someone on her own?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Kate stood up and went to the kitchen. She was going to have another coffee.

"I mean, it's you. You're not one to just kiss any guy. Especially one you don't know well"

Kate turned to her. "So it makes sense if Damien's the one who kissed me but not if I kissed him first?"

"Well, yes. He is a player after all"

Kate shook her head and turned back to the kettle.

"Wait but how did this happen?" Noelle asked. "You were at your dad's and I saw Damien at that party last night"