of sadness.

Kate looked down at the floors. Why did she come out from her hiding spot again?

"Apologize to him right this instant" Noelle ordered.

Kate scoffed. If Noelle knew what this Damien guy had said to her, she wouldn't be telling her to apologize. In fact, she would even do worse than punch him in the face.

"You're going to apologize, doll?"

Gosh, he was teasing her again.

"Are you going to send your boys after me if I don't?"

"You're funny" he finished with his glass, dropped some bills on the table and left.

He acted so smoothly and that irked Kate.

"Gosh, he is so full of himself." She grumbled as she continued glaring at his tall figure leaving the bar.

"I can't believe you punched Damien in the face"

"How do you know him?"

"Who doesn't?"

Kate looked at Noelle drily.

"It's Damien freaking Carter! Who doesn't know him?!"

Kate blinked twice.

"Oh my gosh, Kat" Noelle slapped her forehead. "He's only the hottest guy in college. Smart, plays basketball and has like... the cutest smile ever...?"

"Hmm," Kate nodded.

"Hmm?!" Noelle yelled in disbelief. "I tell you how you punched the hottest guy in college and you're telling me 'hmm'!?"

"He's not that hot"

"Oh he's very hot" Noelle argued.

Kate shrugged. He really wasn't that hot to her.

"Girl, how can you not know him?"

"Uh, guys don't chase after me night and day. How could I know him?"

"Now that's just sad, Kat. You know that's not true"

"Whatever" she mumbled and handed the bills on the table to Noelle.

"You can keep it since you need it so much."

She nodded and avoided Noelle's gaze. How was she so lucky at times?

"And besides" Noelle continued. "This is the first time I'm seeing Carter face-to-face. God, he has such gorgeous eyes"

"True. But I like yours better"

Noelle had sparkling baby blue eyes, almost as clear as the ocean.

"Of course you do. I'm your bestest bitch"

"Stop calling yourself that" Kate laughed.

They worked for a few hours before Noelle decided it was time to go home. Kate couldn't argue, she was afraid Damien's guys would come after her once it was dark.

***

Opening the door to their apartment, both were shocked to meet Parker sprawled on their couch with a bag of chips on his stomach.

"How did you get here? And what are you doing here?" Noelle asked as she threw her purse to God-knows-where and walked to the kitchen.

"Kate left the keys with me!" Parker called out and lifted the keys from his pocket. He sat up and glared at Kate.

"What?"

"You took my baby"

"You left her with me" She threw his car keys at him and sat on another couch.