just a feeling

"Shit" she cursed and removed her hair from her face so she could glare at who just interrupted her movement. But her glare turned to a smile on seeing who it was.

"Where are you going?"

She scratched her head as she looked at the grumpy blonde before her.

"Uh, I- I was just–"

"Didn't Noelle tell you to stay home today?" He interrupted again.

The frown on his face told Kate that it would be almost impossible to leave the house now. If she thought Noelle was protective of her at times, then Parker was way worse.

She and Parker had been friends long before Noelle came into the picture. They practically grew up together and knew everything about each other. He has been in her life for as long as she could remember, attended the same schools and now he lived a few blocks from her and Noelle's apartment with his roommate.

"What are you doing here?" She asked instead.

"Babysitting" Parker gave her a toothy smile.

Kate cursed within herself. Why did Noelle have to do this to her? How did she even know that she would eventually want to leave the house?

"Inside you go" He lifted her by the waist and walked into the apartment.

"Hey! Put me down!"

She glared as he dropped her down carelessly, ignoring her as he looked around the sitting room.

"I'm hungry" he mumbled and held his tummy.

An idea struck Kate at his words. She played with her keys as she avoided his gaze.

"Well, I was just about to go grocery shopping before you came" She dropped the keys and looked up at him. He had managed to grow up to 6ft and now liked to act like he was a giant. "We can skip this whole babysitting thing and go down the street and grab some food"

"Yeah, right" Parker scoffed. "And then have you crawl out of the toilet window again? No thank you"

"What is wrong with you!?" She groaned out.

"Just be a good girl, Kate." He smirked as he looked down at her.

Oh, how she wished to wipe that look off his face. He was probably feeling like a giant again.

Parker was a handsome guy if he could just put all his annoying features aside. It was shocking that Kate hadn't had any kind of feelings for him while growing up. It had only been pure friendship and now, they were even like siblings. He had beautiful pair of hazel eyes and a cute dimple on his left cheek. He liked to think of himself as a ladies' man and was a typical playboy.

"You're not taller than me!" She argued as she squared her shoulders with a domineering look.

That guy she punched in the bar was very much taller than this proud peacock in front of her. Kate got angrier as she thought about the guy and the things he had said to her.

"Just sit down and let's not make my work any harder"

"No"

"Okay." Parker shrugged and made himself comfortable on the couch.

Kate held her hair in frustration, she could almost tear them off her scalp. So he wasn't even going to argue with her?

"I thought you were hungry?"

"I'm not hungry anymore."

"Well, I am. And I need to get some things from the store to fix my bookshelf"