have

The bar was unusually packed for a school night. Kate and Noelle were behind the counter, frantically serving out drinks with the others.

"I haven't sweated this much in forever" Noelle panted as she slid two glasses to a customer.

Kate gave a small smile. She was not upset at Noelle for being on her dad's side that other day. She wasn't even angry at either Noelle or Parker and they had continued talking after she came out of her room. She only felt strange because of Damien. Why was he acting like such a douche? She looked over at Noelle, she would have to tell her about their encounter earlier in school. But right now, they had work to do.

"Carter, you slut!"

Kate turned at the sound of laughter from the door. Damien had just entered with a group of people, some of whom she recognized from the party. He didn't answer to the guy who just called him a slut and just walked with Dylan. There were now free spaces on the counter and they had occupied them.

Her eyes only met his blue orbs for a second before he looked away.

"I'll take care of them"

Kate felt a hand on her shoulder and nodded, knowing it was Noelle.

"Hi Kate" Dylan greeted.

She gave a small smile and moved to the other end of the counter. It wasn't like she was ignoring them because of Damien, he just obviously didn't want to talk to her and she didn't want to pry either.

A few minutes later, she looked over at the group and her mouth dropped to the ground on seeing the redhead girl from the party and Damien, kissing- no, sucking each other's faces. His back rested on the counter as the girl wrapped herself around him. His hands were on her lower back, pulling her closer to him.

She felt nauseous. She had opened a chapter of her past to this guy some nights ago, and they had kissed. She could remember him kissing her back. And now...now he was just going to make out with another girl like they were in a sex house? Knowing fully well that she was standing right there!?

Her head felt hot as she continued looking at them. She knew he was a player, Noelle had told her countless times. So why was she surprised?

Damn, you stupid girl, Kate.

She cursed at herself. She slowly tore her gaze off them when Noelle glanced at her.

"Hey, get a room you two!" She heard Noelle say to them.

The other guys laughed and the redhead finally got off from Damien.

"Hey, Kat--" Noelle came to her.

"I'm fine, Elle"

She absolutely was.

What was the big deal anyway? The popular, all-known man whore of the school had kissed her and kissed someone else. That was expected. Just that in this case, she had been the one to kiss him first. He hadn't even tried to flirt with her and she had kissed him. Now she felt like an idiot. She only wished she hadn't told him about Justin.

***

Alec still hadn't texted.

Damien was still being such an ass.

Kate didn't know which was worse. That a sister she had just got in contact with a few months ago had stopped talking to her, or a guy she just happened to punch once in the face was affecting her so much. It had been a week and these two topics kept bothering her.

It was a Saturday night and James had given her and Noelle a day off so they could attend Parker's initiation party.

Weirdly, Parker had gotten the urge to play basketball. And even more weirdly, he was accepted into the team. Kate didn't understand how that was possible because Parker was very lazy and hated sports.