let on.

Kate rolled from side to side on the bed. Her bed was softer than she remembered. The last time she woke up on a strange bed was when...

Her eyes opened and she took in the look of her environment. The walls were white. Was this heaven? Or worse, was she still at the gym?

She sat up, remembering what went down last night. She was greeted with her reflection in a full-length mirror, ruffled crazy hair and saggy-bag eyes.

She sighed. Crying to sleep was never good. And crying in front of Damien was even worse. She wondered what he would think of her now. But first, she needed to find out where she was because it wasn't the frat house.

She stood up from the bed. Thankfully she was still in her clothes but her bra was gone.

The room was mostly bare. There was only a big bed, a flat-screen TV on the wall, and two small black leather couches. Overall, the room looked like it had never been used.

Kate ignored the pretty room and went out the door. It was morning but the hallway was a bit dark. There were only a few lights that illuminated the place as she walked. If she didn't know much, she would have said she was in Damien's place, but Damien lived in the frat house.

As she walked around, she soon found herself in a kitchen. A kitchen with a shirtless Damien by the stove. His tattoos looked even better in the light, a bit like a second skin because they blended well with his body.  It must be a long time since he got them.
Damien turned, feeling her presence. He gave her a full glance before facing the stove again.

Okayyy, so they still weren't on speaking terms.

Or was it because of what happened last night? Kate sighed. Of all times to go down that horrible memory lane, it had to be with this guy.

"Coffee?" His voice interrupted her.

She nodded, but seeing that he was still facing the stove and his back was turned to her, she voiced out, "Yes"

Damien poured coffee into two cups and handed her one.

She sighed in satisfaction at the smell before sipping.

"Where is this?"

"My apartment"

If coffee was still in her mouth, she would have spat it out. She took another look around. The kitchen was twice her and Noelle's and fully furnished too. It even had a granite counter.

He lived here!?

"I thought you stayed at the frat house"

Damien turned to her. He looked annoyed that she was trying to make conversation with him.

Like she cared.

"I do" he answered.

She waited for more but he didn't say anything else.

Not weird at all.

He placed a plate of eggs and bacon before her. She looked around for his plate but there was none.

"I have an early practice with coach," he said, answering her unspoken question. "I'm going to leave now so lock up when you're done"

Her mouth hung open. Was he seriously going to leave her alone in his apartment? Before she could say anything, he walked to the path she came from.

She ate her food silently as she waited for him. The eggs weren't that bad and the bacon was well sizzled. Who knew he could cook?

Damien came out a few moments later dressed up and with his gym bag on his shoulder. He didn't say a word to her as he walked to the door.