is deserving

"I prefer Blue"

He snickered and shook his head. "What's yours?"

"Mine?" She turned to him with a confused look.

"Your name" he rolled his eyes like she was dumb or something.

She almost felt like punching him again but just continued walking.

"I heard that asshole call you Katy. Is that your name?" He asked.

"It's none of your business"

"I just saved your life"

"No" she turned to him again. "You only saved him from getting kicked in the mannies by me"

"Mannies?"

"You know..." She didn't want to look down there because then she would have to look up at him again and that just felt very tiring. Plus, she didn't want to give him that satisfaction that he was so tall that she had to look up at him. So she just pointed.

"Wow, okay" he threw his head back with a laugh. "You're funny, Katy"

It was the second time he would be calling her 'funny'.

She ignored him and walked away. Thankfully he didn't follow her this time.

Kate joined Noelle and Parker at the food court. She and Parker had one more class for the day. Parker studied Law so apart from general classes, they had literature together. Noelle was free for the rest of the day so was heading to the bar after lunch.

"Kat, when will you get a car?"

Kate turned to Noelle. "That's a pretty specific and odd question"

"Well, I'm tired of you whining at me when the music is too loud and Parker is tired of your scent lingering in his car. He says he doesn't have sex there anymore because girls think he already has a girlfriend"

"Ew, Parker!" Kate frowned and threw a french fry at him.

"I never said that, Noelle." Parker argued.

"Well, that's what you meant" She turned to Kate again. "But seriously, you need a car"

"I don't have the money to get a car"

"Yes, you do" Parker shot. "You just don't like spending your money on yourself"

"That's not true!" Kate whined. "Elle, tell him it's not true"

"It's not true, Par" Noelle said drily.

"Okay, now I feel like you're mocking me" Kate folded her arms.

"Bitch, when was the last time you bought yourself a nice dress. Or went to the mall and just threw money around?"

"I don't have money to throw around"

What were they even talking about?

"Sure you don't" Noelle slurped from her cup.

"I have no idea what you both are saying"

"Just think about the car" Parker squeezed her shoulder softly. "Come on, we're late for class"

Kate reached for Parker's unfinished tray when Noelle suddenly gasped loudly.

"Kat! What the hell!?" She grabbed her hand and inspected it. "What happened to you?"

Kate put her hands under the table and untied her jacket from around her waist to wear it. She was wearing a singlet top so the red marks on her arm from Justin were very visible. She had forgotten to wear her jacket because of the convo with Blue. Gosh, had she walked here with all her marks visible? People must have stared.