The strongest

Warning: This chapter has not been fully edited.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

She felt him stand infront of her, and considering the heat evolving from him, he was probably still shirtless.

"I said put something on, dammit!"

Damien laughed and walked away.

Kate still covered her face. Why did he have to pull off his shirt when she had to talk to him. And now he had just moved from yelling to laughing. Was he trying to distract her?

Well it was a good thing cause she sure as hell wasn't ready to talk about whatever it was that just happened. Even if he had almost killed her ex.

"You can open your eyes now, doll"

She removed her hands from her face and was glad to see him with a shirt on.

Now...what next?

"Uh- t- thanks for helping with Justin"

What else was she supposed to say when he clearly didn't want to talk about the beating?

Damien nodded.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, thanks"

"Who's he to you? Justin?"

"Pfft. Don't act like you care."

"Is it such a bad thing to?" Damien rolled his eyes and Kate chuckled.

They stood in silence for a while before Kate sighed heavily. Well, it was better to share your pain with a complete stranger, right. She looked at Damien. Well they weren't strangers but she didn't really know anything other than his name, so they could still be considered as one.

"Justin and I dated in high school" she paused as she recalled all the wonderful memories. "We dated for two years. Two whole years." She sniffed. "And then we got into college, still a couple" The waterworks were coming but she held it in. "We were supposed to grow old together. Fuck, he told me that! I thought...I thought everything was finally going to be okay. And then he starts this new drug habit. And when I tried to talk to him, he decides to tell me about the new girl in his life. A girl he'd been dating for a year! Justin cheated on me for a whole year! That's a year after he started dating me!" She sobs as her tears cloud her vision. "He lied to me! He deceived me! Two years of my life! And I'm to move on." She scoffed. "Yah, I'm supposed to be the strong woman I am and pick up all my broken pieces?! All the pieces that he broke!!!? And now you act like you care?"

Damien took a step closer to her but she stepped back.

"You don't care, okay!? And I'm not okay! I'm not okay, Damien!"

Her tears dropped freely now but she couldn't even care less if this not-so-hot guy was seeing her cry. She had cried for her dad and now she was crying for shitty Justin too. She had tried so hard to move on from the pain he had caused her. It wasn't that big of a deal. All she had to do was move on right? And she had. But why did it seem so hard to forget? Why was everything so hard?

"Katherine"

She didn't fight it this time as Damien pulled her into a hug. His big hands were warm around her waist.

She chuckled as she sobbed on his shirt. Who knew it would feel lees bad to talk to someone else about your problems. Someone who wouldn't tell you that everything would be okay. Because nothing in her life was ever okay.

She pulled away from the hug and stared at him. He was really tall. A freaking giant. And she hated it. She hated it so damn much she wanted him to squat to her level.