An avoidable conflict

Untamed forest | 12h45 am

Shoto's POV

I sighed as I took a few steps back, watching the prince's eyes shut and his body collapse, his skin covered in a thin layer of ice, unable to move or warm itself up.

I had no other choice, he clearly had no intention of listening to me, I could not let him return to Izuku like this, he could never return, he was unfit.

This would cause war, surely. But if he vanished, this would cause suspicion, not that I would be the suspect, I have always only used my fire due to my fathers strict rules, but I still needed to find a plan to fix this in some way.

What could I do, I was rash, which is something I never do, I think of my actions and then act accordingly, why had I frozen the prince, why had I done this.

My heart was not at ease with my actions, neither was my mind, I didn't know if he would even survive this, his body was most likely going to go into hypothermia shock and shut down.

I did not have time to think more on the subject as the light in the area of the surveilance guards vanished.

"Ẅə æŕə ūŋðəŕ æțțæçƙ!" Kirishima yelled as the sound of swords clashing echoed through the empty field, my eyes quickly glancing over at the prince as a fire blew along the dry grass in the distance.

"I don't know what is going on, but I have a bad feeling..." I whispered to myself as I called my horse over, grabbing the saddle and lifting my foot before stopping myself, glancing to the man I had frozen seconds ago.

"He might die..."

A moment of silence....

"Oh to hell with it!" I groaned out before letting go of my horse, quickly making my way to the tent before picking up Katsuki's unconscious body and running back to the horses as fast as I could.

I did not have time to waste, pushing his body on the back of the horse before placing a blanket on him tightly, hopping on the horse myself.

I watched the guards fight valiantly for a moment as I grabbed the reins, I did not know why I had done this, but I couldn't let him die by my fault.

I could not become my father.

And with a hit of my horse's reins, I galloped away, crossing the layer of trees that formed the thick forest, branches leaving small scratches on my cheeks.

I needed to get away from there, the blazes were growing worst and the battle was getting fierce, I wanted to help, but I would have to leave Bakugo behind, and risk his death.

"Why did I have to do something stupid!?" I whispered yelled to myself as I crossed a river, climbing down the horse to fill up my water gourd, looking up as the orange sky in the distance, the flames illuminating the forest.

Once the battle will calm down, I will sneak past them and return to the castle, surely we can figure this mess out from there, I had no better plans.

"You are quite fast with a horse." A person said as a sword pierced my shoulder, my eyes blowing wide as it retracted, my untouched arm blasting a flame at them before tightly grasping the bleeding wound.

Where had they come from, how did they follow us? I hadn't heard or seen anyone around.

But most of all, how did he speak my language.

"Who are you!?" I yelled as I looked around, the man having disappeared in the shaddows.

"I am here on the behalf of my leader, the one who was emprisoned by the prince you protect." The man said as a needle flew at me, my body barely dodging it with a tilt of my head and getting a cut on my jaw.

"How do you know Rokian!?" I yelled while making my way slowly towards Katsuki, this man could kill him if the blanket fell off and revealed he was there.

"I was born there, but I won't give you my story. I will end yours and your tyrant family!" The guy yelled rushing at me.

With a quick movement, I reached my hand out to grab the sword on my horse's saddle, placing it in between us, sweat drops falling from my forehead as our metals collided, his dagger clashing against my sword.

"You're fast." The man said as I glared at him, my heart racing with the adrenaline that was pumping through my veins.

"You're strong." I groaned back, his smile causing a cold shiver to run through my back, he was totally enjoying this.

I tried to recall his words as my sword pushed his dagger away, a master that Katsuki had defeated, the only one that came to mind was Shigaraki, that man had done absolute cruel things to omegas.

To Izuku.

"You know, if I was any faster, you would be dead, your highness." He whispered next to my ear as I quickly caught his dagger in my hand, the blade cutting deep in the skin as I hissed.

This was bad, I was going to die at this rate, this guy kept disappearing and reappearing everywhere, I couldn't keep up with him.

I quickly took a step back, stumbling a bit as he vanished again, my eyes scanning around desperately to find his golden eyes before he found me.

"You're growing slower." He whispered again as his dagger swung at my neck, my body barely dodging in the nick of time for it to graze me, leaving a clean cut that leaked very little blood.

"Why are you doing this to me, I didn't help in the capture of your master!" I yelled as I glanced to the horse, frowning as the blanket was no longer there, neither was Katsuki.

"Because I can smell the prince on you, he has been near you. An omega never fails to smell an alpha even if it's on another alpha." He said as my eyes grew wide, I hadn't smelled any sweetness from the guy, I also knew he clearly had a quirk.

"How!? You clearly aren't quirkless!"

"That's a secret you will die never knowing." He said as a needle shot into my knee, making me grunt as I collapsed on it, looking up to the guy as he smiled at me, putting his dagger under my chin.

"I guess I won't..." I mumbled as I closed my eyes, accepting my defeat, I could smell the confident pheromones the male before me had, it angered me that I had lost after trying so hard.

I stayed there for a moment, frowning before opening my eyes, to my surprise, Katsuki stood there, knife to the throat of that man.

"You sure reak for a male omega." He yelled before slicing the man's throat, his gurgle making me look away as Katsuki cleaned his knife on his cape, walking closer to me with what looked like cockiness.

"Don't say it."

"You're looking pretty bad there, Icy-thot."

"Fuck you, Katsuki." I grumbled before the world around us started to warp in a very weird way.

"What the-" Katsuki started before we were both thrown into a different environment, my body collapsing to the ground as Katsuki fell on his back, the guy now nowhere to be found.

"Shit... I should have made sure he was dead!" Katsuki growled out as he sat up, my eyes slowly closing as I held my shoulder.

"You are an idiot."

"Bastard! The fuck you think-" Katsuki started as blood forced its way in my throat, a cough expulsing the metallic liquid out of my mouth, I couldn't move my body anymore, I felt so tired.

"Hey Icyfuck... Don't fucking die on me! Oi! Shoto, don't you fucking close your eyes man!" Katsuki yelled as he quickly stumbled himself up, my eyes not listening to him and shutting as I felt his hands on my back, applying pressure to my wound.

I could feel faint vibrations, probably from his loud voice, but all I heard now was the soft sound of the grass that danced with the wind, and the birds that had started to chirp for early morning to rise.

To be continued...