2. When I panicked

So. It turned out that this mysterious muscular hunk from the woods was Derek Hale. Holy shit, how could I not recognize him? But actually, since he's been dating Paige, he's changed a bit.

Stiles is totally crazy about werewolves and Scott. After school, he locked himself in a room and buried himself in books and websites. He wanted to make Scott cancel his date with Allison tonight. Like... Stiles, where's your brain? There is no such thing as werewolves, and destroying Scott's relationship that hasn't even started well is plain rudeness. But I kind of changed my mind when Scott got pissed off when I tried to take his phone to call Allison. He threw me against the wall, then quickly ran away, leaving claw marks on Stiles' chair.

'Em, are you okay?' Stiles asked me with a concerned expression.

'Yes, just...' as usual he didn't let me finish.

'Jesus, your hand!' I looked down. I had a deep cut on my forearm that was very similar to the one on the chair. I sighed.

'It's nothing serious. We have to go to Lydia's party.' My friend would not forgive me if I missed this very important party. Plus, we also had to keep an eye on Scott in case he accidentally wanted to tear Allison apart or have a wolf party.

Before we left the house, I went to the bathroom and bandaged the wound. As soon as I entered Lydia's property, several of the guys whistled loudly when they saw me. I wore my favorite white dress, which was tight and short. Plus my inseparable black leather jacket and boots. I'm not surprised at these guys, I'd whistle at myself too.

Lydia immediately ran over to me. 'You look stunning! Guys can't take their eyes off you!' Lydia exclaimed happily. I just rolled my eyes and scanned the crowd of drunk teens for familiar faces.

I didn't take my pills today, which was already starting to feel after my mood, but I can't mix them with alcohol. I've never really liked to get drunk, but I thought I could drink one beer. For me, that's a lot. Searching the crowd, I saw him again.

Derek. He stood by the fence and stared at me. As soon as I looked at him, he immediately turned around. Ha! He checked me and my body. Good thing I wore something today that looks so good on me.

'Would you like a drink or a dance together?' heard right behind my ear. Some drunk teenager whose name I didn't even know started hitting on me. I backed away from him a bit before replying 'No thanks, I don't feel like it.' The dude didn't give up. 'Did you come here alone? I can keep an eye on you if you want, it would be a shame if something happened to your pretty face.' he whispered to me grabbing my forearm, right where I had this fresh wound. I hissed softly in pain. 'Go away dude, I'm not alone here and I don't need your company!' there was a shortage of drugs. I felt uneasy and panicked more and more. This couldn't end well.

Derek's pov

'...company!' I heard someone's panicked voice. I recognized him right away. Emily. I looked in her direction. She was standing by the pool with some guy who obviously didn't understand that she didn't want his company. I started walking towards her, ready to smack that disgusting reptile in the face, when her reaction took me completely by surprise. She punched a guy in the face and threw him in the pool.

Then she started running towards the exit. I followed her when I saw Scott get away in his mom's car, Jeep right behind him. 'The bastards left me here!' I heard Emily say. Gosh, she sounded sweet when she was nervous. Stop, I said to myself. You can't think that. I'll just make sure she gets home safely and forget about her.

She was standing in the driveway with Alisson when I offered to drive them to their homes. Allison immediately agreed. After Emily, I saw her hesitate. She glanced towards Lydia's house as if contemplating going back there.

'Come on, you want to go back to that drunken crowd and the guy who obviously wanted to take advantage of you?' I asked her. Her body straightened like a string. Something shocked her. Maybe because I knew about that guy at the pool? She nodded slowly and we walked to my car.

As soon as Emily saw my car, I immediately felt her panic and fear, although she didn't show it. She smiled at Allison and followed her into my car. What's the matter, he doesn't like cars like that or what? But I didn't have time to think, I had to take them both home and look for Scott. The boy doesn't know what's going on with him. I have to help him somehow.

I gave Allison a ride first because her house was closer. I was going to turn down the street where Emily lives, but suddenly I had an idea. I'll take her as bait so I can find Scott faster. 

​​​​​Emily's pov

Something was wrong. Like really really wrong. He didn't turn into my street.

'My house is on the street you just passed.' I said quietly. 'I know, but I have a plan for you. I can't take you home now.' his answer took me completely by surprise. I did not know what to say. Panic began to grow in me with every passing minute in this car. We rounded a bend and I knew where this road led.

I started losing control. I couldn't go back there, I couldn't relive it again, not in the same car again. This can't really be happening. I tried to jump out of the moving car but the door was locked.

'Hey, are you crazy? Do you want to kill yourself? Did you want to jump out of the car? I won't let you go now!' Derek's voice boomed over the silence that was in the car. I felt tears start flowing like crazy. 'Please let me out, please. I won't tell anyone, please don't do it again.' I tugged on the handle but to no avail. He tried to grab my arm, but I started hitting blindly. Damn, why didn't I pick up that penknife I always have with me today? 'Let me out, don't hurt me.' I took off my shoes ready to run barefoot as soon as it stops. 'She was supposed to take care of you, why are you doing this to me again.'

I couldn't control my panic and crying. Suddenly the car stopped and I heard the door unlock. I jumped as soon as I heard that sound. I started to run towards the forest, hearing his screams right behind me. He was calling me, chasing me. Everything was happening again. And I was supposed to have fun at a party, drink a beer and in the morning wish I had taken my meds. Cones and other forest stuff started to dig into my bare feet but I didn't care. I just wanted to run away from him.

Suddenly someone grabbed me in their arms. I smelled the perfume right away. 'Scott, thank God.' I cried for good. He took my face in his hands. 'Hey Sissy what happened? Someone did something to you? Are you okay?' Scott bombarded me with questions but I couldn't answer. I heard Scott yelling to someone, 'Derek, what have you done to my sister? Why is she so scared? I'll kill you!'

Wait. That name. Derek. Does it mean...?

'I didn't do anything. She just panicked in my car.' I nodded quickly. 'He just has the same car. He was driving me towards the forest and I panicked.' I said to Scott, sniffling every now and then, wiping away my tears. Then I heard a whistle right behind my ear. Derek told us to hide. Suddenly, an arrow pierced Scott's shoulder and his eyes glowed yellow. He grew fangs. So is the werewolf real?

We started to run and after a while Derek joined us. 'Who it was?' Scott asked panting.

'Hunters. They've been hunting us for centuries.'

'Us? You did this to me!'

'Is it that bad Scott? See better, hear better? People would kill for it. The bite is a gift!'

'Well, I don't want it.' Scott said calmly. I grabbed his hand, wanting to go home. Scott began to lead me towards the forest exit.

'Scott wait we have to...' Derek started but my brother cut him off.

'I don't have time for this right now, I have to take care of my sister. We'll talk another time.'

I was very grateful to Scott for taking care of me and for taking me away. Memories came back like possessed and I didn't want to be alone right now. Another pine cone dug into my foot and I realized I had left my shoes and jacket in Derek's car.

Damn it!

________

Well, hello everyone 👋 Here's the second part of my story, please let me know if you like it or no or what I need to change. I'll be grateful for all your advices 🫶 and forgive me if sometimes the language is bad, English is not my mother language 🤷🙌