7. When he attacked

Derek's pov

When I entered the house after talking to Emily I could still smell her, as if she had never left. I was honestly sad and angry about what had happened to her. And I was surprised by the fact that she continued to be able to laugh and flirt as if nothing had ever happened.

But as you can see, this was her way of dealing with the situation. I closed myself off to people and was abrasive and rude to the rest of the world. But I felt that this was changing slowly thanks to Emily.

I wanted to be better for her, even though I knew she didn't think of me the way I wanted. I felt that with her I could be myself, and although I didn't open up to her fully, she didn't pressure me.

With her, I felt like I was in a place I had been looking for a long time. Like I was home.

She was my home.

Even with Paige, I didn't feel such a bond, and I knew perfectly well why.

I looked at the couch and noticed Emily's sweater. I laughed under my breath. She had left her things with me again.

It was already night, but I decided to go to her place and leave her sweater on the desk. I left the house and headed toward her. I climbed through the window and put the sweater on her desk chair.

I looked at her. She was sleeping peacefully, with a small lamp lit by her bed. I sat down on the bed to watch her for a while. She moved suddenly and put her hand on my thigh. My body lit up under her touch.

'If, as an apology, you intend to be my pillow at night Scotland, I don't mind.' She spoke up without even opening her eyes. 'But you could lie closer to me.'

I didn't know what to do. If I didn't respond right away, she would wake up. If I leave now, she'll wake up too because she'll think Scott has gone to his room.

I decided that I would lie down next to her for a while and go as soon as she fell asleep better. I took off my jacket and shoes and immediately as I lay down, Emily put her arm across my stomach, her leg over mine and her head on my shoulder. I let the air out. Her touch was very pleasant and I could have fallen asleep like this but I knew I had to leave in a moment. Scott is a werewolf and I don't want him to smell a stranger in her room in the morning.
Emily's breathing calmed and evened out and I looked at her face before I left.

She had a small mole above her mouth and the big chocolate eyes I had noticed earlier. I could stare into those eyes for hours. She had brown slightly wavy hair and a perfect body. I can't lie myself, with such a girl I didn't have the slightest chance.

Emily's pov

I walked through the school hallway with Scott and Stiles. Scott had just told us his dream in which he attacked Allison on the school bus during their date. We were just discussing the reality of the dream when, walking out into the back yard of the school, we noticed the school bus covered in blood. Scott panicked.

'She's probably fine.' I said to my brother.

'She's not answering the phone.'

'I'll look for her.' I said and started looking out for her in the hallway. After a while, Stiles joined me.

'He ran into her in the school entrance.' he said to me.

I breathed a sigh of relief.

'That's lucky.'

We went to class together. During the lunch break, the three of us discussed the bus incident.

'You know, there are no classes for beginner werewolves.' I spoke up.