18. When she's gone

Emily was sitting in Scott's room with her two brothers. They were just talking about the attack that had happened the previous day.

She and Stiles were still in shock after seeing the big lizard and after killing the mechanic, the creature ran away without even looking at them.

'I had a feeling that the lizard recognized us. ' the girl spoke up.

'So did I. ' nodded Stiles.

'We have to do something about it. Earlier this thing attacked Mrs. Hale, now you guys. ' said Scott.

Stiles rose from the bed he was sitting on.

'Come on, let's go to her, maybe she can figure something out. '

***

When they entered Mrs. Hale's house, she, Derek and Isaac were sitting at the table.

Derek raised his head immediately when he smelled Emily in the driveway of the house. Talia looked at the three friends.

'What brings you guys here? ' she asked.

'Em and I were at the mechanic's yesterday. The lizard that attacked you showed up, disabled us, killed the mechanic and ran away. ' said Stiles.

Derek immediately got up from his chair.

'Are you all right? ' he asked looking at Emily.

'Yes, I'm fine, thanks for your concern. ' Stiles snorted.

Emily smiled weakly at him and sat down at the table next to Isaac. The boy smiled broadly at her.

'What did the creature look like? ' asked Derek.

'It was big, disgusting, had a tail, yellow eyes and scales. And it looked like it recognized us. ' said Emily.

Talia mused.

'To me it looked like a Kanima when it attacked me. '

Isaac got up from his chair.

'Can we come back to this later? I have to go to school. '

'Come, you will go with us. By the way, you will explain what you were doing here. ' said Scott pushing Isaac toward the exit door.

Emily knew that Scott would later resent her for Derek turning people into werewolves.

'What are your plans for today? ' asked Derek looking at Emily.

'So far I'm going home to get some papers to submit for the nursing course. '

'Do you want to do what your mother did? ' asked Talia smiling.

Emily nodded her head.

'I hope I'll do better with a guy than her. '

Talia smiled mischievously and wanted to say something, but Emily stopped her.

'Don't comment. '

Derek looked at Emily quizzically.

'Will you drop me off at home? '

Derek nodded and went to get his car keys. Emily said goodbye to Talia and followed Derek to the car. When they drove a little away from his house, Derek looked at the girl.

'What was that? '

'With your mother? '

'Yes. '

'After Peter attacked you outside the school and I took care of you, I went to the market one day. I met your mother and she asked me not to tear your shirts or else she would go bankrupt. '