11. When things changed

We went with my mother straight to Scott's house. Stiles sat in the room with him, taming his blood here and there. Scott was covered with blood. It was everywhere. On the floor, on Stiles, on Scott. She really did hurt him.

Scott wasn't moving, but was breathing slowly and quietly. Stiles looked at my mother strangely. He squinted his eyes.

'I didn't know you liked older women. In fact, I thought you liked younger ones, especially ones with a werewolf brother. ' said Stiles still looking at my mother.

Mom snorted with laughter. She looked at me and shook her head. Was it really that obvious that I liked Emily or was it a matter of us just flirting together?

'That's my mom. ' I spoke up.

Stiles made a shocked face.

'Did she by any chance...? '

'Yes, I thought she was dead too. We'll come back to that later. My mother will take Scott to our house and help him. Go with her. '

I said to Stiles. I left the room and went to Emily's room.

I didn't need any of her things to find her by her scent. I knew it all too well, I would recognize it anywhere. But I didn't want any more comments from my mother or Stiles, so I took her scarf that was lying on the bed.

I went back to Scott's room. I showed them Emily's scarf.

'I will try to track her down. '

My mom nodded and walked over to Scott to take it. I left the house and immediately headed to a familiar place. To the cliff.

When I got there, I saw her right away. She was sitting by a rock and looking at the city.

I sat down next to her. She looked at me. She was still wearing bandages. Only the one from her head was gone.

Her face was all in tears. I think she regretted what had happened. I sat beside her and put my arms around her waist. She moved closer to me and leaned her head against me.

'My mother is taking care of Scott. ' I spoke up and leaned my head against hers.

'I don't know how it happened. It's like something possessed me. I know that's not an explanation. He was saying all these horrible things.... I know it's because of the full moon, but something inside me exploded. I couldn't stop until he roared. '

'I'm not judging you. Scott can get under someone's skin. He'll get out of it. '

'I suck. I can't handle my own life. I have such mood swings. '

'I noticed. '

Emily burst out crying again.

'Hey, I didn't mean anything bad. You've encountered so many bad things that I'm not surprised you're in such a state. You know... '

Damn.

'What? '

'You know I dated Kate Argent? I was young and stupid. I let her fool me, I trusted her and she burned my whole family. Do you know that I still blame myself for that? Just like I blame myself for Paige's death. If only I hadn't tried to turn her into a werewolf she would still be alive. '

Emily raised her head. She sat down opposite me. I wanted to have her close, but I didn't dare touch her. She was already in a better state and I didn't want to spoil it by bringing back some bad memories by touching her.

'It was not your fault. None of this was your fault. How could you have known Kate was a bitch and Paige wouldn't take the bite? '

'And how could you have known that you would react that way to Scott's words? '