22. When she broke down

Get out and never come back.

She will never forget the words she heard from Derek right after she told him she had helped kill Laura.

She will never forget his look, full of anger and pain. The pain of allowing someone close to him to fall in love again with the person who had betrayed him and caused him so much pain.

Even Kate's betrayal was not as painful. Emily was his mate, and he knew that not every mate couple lived in harmony with each other, but ever since he'd met Emily, he'd never thought it would happen to him. That it would happen to them.

He had plans, he felt good about this life-damaged girl, and he hoped that they could build something together, something lasting and without pain.

Both had been through a lot, both had been devastated and spurned by loved ones. But even in his worst dreams he had never imagined that Emily would be the one to do this to him. Something he could never forgive.

Before Emily left, Deaton gestured for her to come in.

'You need to know this. When Derek bit you in the forest after you came to life, your wolf side fought with Lilith for dominance. One of them had to win. '

Emily even knew which one. Stiles wasn't so forthcoming.

'Who won? ' he asked, looking at Deaton impatiently.

Talia sighed.

'I sense Emily as a normal person, so I guess Lilith won. You can try to change, Emily, but I don't think you'll succeed. '

Emily nodded her head.

'That's how I felt. If Laura hadn't bitten me a few years ago or turned me into Lilith, would I be a werewolf now? '

Talia nodded her head. Emily sighed.

'Great. So that means I'm vulnerable again because my Lilith side kicks in when it wants and I have no control over it. '

'Yeah, and then you usually kill someone. ' Stiles said without thinking, causing Scott to slap him on the back of the head.

'Just great. ' Emily said and left the house, quickly locking herself in the jeep that was parked outside Talia's house.

She started to cry as she remembered all those scenes. The sea of tears, the blood and Laura's laughter. After a while Scott and Stiles came to the car.

'Are you all right? ' Scott asked, looking worriedly at his sister.

Emily looked at him angrily.

'I've just returned to the world of the living, I'm confused. I remembered everything that happened with Laura, all the actions and that I helped to kill her in the end! I feel so bloody good! '

'OK, I didn't ask. ' Scott turned in his seat and looked at the road.

When they got home, Emily went straight to her room and, for the first time in several months, took medication that made her dull and uninterested in anything.

She didn't want to think about what had happened before Laura's death and the growing guilt she couldn't bear.

Scott and Stiles sat by her side the whole time, trying to talk to her and find out what her relationship with Laura was like. Emily remained silent, drugged and unresponsive.

Days went by and Emily did not leave her room.

As the drugs began to wear off, Emily tried to call Derek in a moment of sobriety. Alpha either didn't answer or only answered to tell her to stop calling.