16. When it's explained

Emily left the school. She had just received the results of her test, and according to them, she had passed and could now leave school with her senior class.

She was very happy because now she could focus on her future education and not be seen as a teenager her brother's age. That was her hope.

One thing bothered her. Who would she celebrate with? Everyone was angry at her for staying with Derek and supporting him when he became Alpha.

But Emily had no choice, nowhere to go. She didn't want to burden Derek with her presence and her problems, especially since he now had to build his pack.

So Emily went straight home.

***

When Emily entered the house, she immediately heard Scott and Stiles in Scott's room.

Her senses were beginning to sharpen and her bite marks from Derek had already healed.

Emily walked cautiously to Scott's door and knocked softly. She heard Scott come up for air. She waited a moment, but when she heard no reaction from him, she moved toward her room.

She was about to open the door to her room when she heard her brother's door open. She turned her head. Scott was looking at her with a nonchalant expression on his face.

'I passed. I'm graduating soon. ' Emily said, showing Scott the paper she got from the school.

'That's great! I knew you'd make it, you're a fucking genius! ' exclaimed an overjoyed Scott and immediately ran over to hug his sister.

After a while, Stiles joined them.

Scott moved away from Emily and pulled her into his room. The three friends spread out on the bed and the floor.

And in the next room, Derek sat impatiently waiting for Emily to return to her room as he listened to the three teens talking.

***

'So you can go to college now? You finally have some money, you sold your car and it wasn't cheap. ' Stiles said.

Emily looked at him sadly.

'I don't have that money anymore. '

'What do you mean? '

'I paid the school for this test and for graduating early. I was about to leave myself the rest of the money and leave this town, but I noticed a letter to my mother at home. '

'And?'

'It was a reminder to pay for my two years at Eichen House. I couldn't let my mother continue to work practically every shift at the hospital to pay it off. '

Stiles hugged his sister.

'So you were forced to stay with us. '

'I think I'm going to cry from all this sadness. '

Emily said seriously, to which Scott gently patted her shoulder and laughed. After a moment he became more serious.

'Why didn't you let me kill Peter? That would have saved me. ' he said with sadness and regret.

The girl looked at him.

'Do you really think it would help and that killing Peter would magically stop the werewolfism in your blood? Besides, would you be able to kill him? '

'I've killed a man before, remember? We all did. And I was human then, so what could stop me as a werewolf? ' Scott didn't back down.

***