8. When he's hurt

When I got up in the morning, I decided to go to the cliff and see if the wolf from my dream was real. I took a quick shower and put on black jeans that clung to my body and exposed it perfectly. To this I wore a white strapless blouse that exposed my stomach and shoulders.

The wound from Scott's claws had already had time to heal. I put on my shoes and left the house. Scott was gone, probably spending time with Allison again. I was a little jealous, because I had always been the most important thing to him and now I had to share him with some girl.

The weather was perfect for a walk, it was sunny. After thirty minutes of walking I arrived at the cliff. I looked at the city. It was quiet and peaceful.

I sat down on the ground and leaned against a large boulder. I closed my eyes. I sat in silence and after a while I felt someone's footsteps. I opened my eyes and looked around.

'Hi, I haven't seen you in a long time. ' I said seeing the wolf from my dream.

So it wasn't just a dream. She was real and exactly the same. Black fur, brown eyes. She reminded me of someone. She looked at me with her eyes in a way as if she wanted to say something.

She looked so human that I began to wonder if it was even possible. I suddenly heard a car engine and the wolf panicked and ran away. I leaned against the boulder again and waited for my companion.

'Are you following me? ' I asked hearing Derek's heavy footsteps.

He sat down next to me.

'Maybe. You came here alone knowing that there might be a dangerous Alpha in the area? '

I shrugged my shoulders.

'People can be much worse. Can I ask you something? '

Derek nodded.

'Can you as werewolves change into actual wolves? On four paws and so on? '

'Yes, but not everyone can do it. My mother and Laura were able to do that. '

I mused. I didn't want to tell him about my suspicions because I didn't want to give him false hope. And I wasn't sure about it myself either. But I completely had no idea how to check it.

'What are you thinking about? ' Derek noticed that I was thinking.

'Is there a possibility that you will turn into a wolf and not be able to return to human form? '

'Sometimes that can happen. But I've never seen it with my own eyes. ' Derek explained.

'And then what does one do? Is it possible to help such a person? '

Derek looked at me.

'Mistletoe can help you get back to your normal form. But it also weakens us. So does mountain ash. '

I nodded. That is, I had to get mistletoe.

'You know, you told me about your weaknesses. Aren't you afraid I'll use it against you? '

'I believe you would use it against Alpha if you had to defend yourself against him. '

I came up with an idea.

'Could you give me some of this stuff? Mistletoe and so on? I don't know where to get it but I'd rather have it with me. You never know when you'll need it. '

'Sure. '

We sat like that next to each other in silence for a good hour.

I put my head on his shoulder, and although I felt him stiffen at first he did not tell me to take it away. We sat in silence enjoying each other's company.