19. When he was released

'So what exactly happened? '

'I came home late at night and ... ' Scott broke off mid-sentence and hid his face in his hands.

He was sitting in Talia Hale's house. Everyone was there. Scott, Derek, Stiles, Isaac, Erica, Deaton, Lydia and Talia. Mrs. Hale's house had become a meeting place for supernatural beings.

'Take your time. ' said Talia calmly putting her hand on Scott's shoulder.

Scott raised his head and looked with broken eyes at the gathered people.

'I went to her room to see if she was home, because lately she was still busy with something. She was lying on the bed and I thought she was sleeping, but then I noticed black blood on the pillow. '

'The same thing was happening to Jackson. His body was rejecting the bite. And Peter said the bite would either change you or kill you.... ' interjected Stiles.

'But that doesn't make sense. Her body couldn't just reject my bite. ' said Derek.

'How do you know? '

'I just know. Trust me. She must have died for another reason. '

'What reason then? '

That's when Scott's phone rang. Scott answered the phone without even getting up from his chair.

There were practically only werewolves in the house, so there was no point in hiding because they would hear everything anyway.

'What's wrong mom? '

'I'm just coming home Scott. '

'I'll be home in ten minutes. I won't leave you alone with this. '

He heard his mother cry.

'I don't know why she did it. I thought everything was fine by now. Especially lately she seemed happier than ever. '

Scott looked at Stiles. He was afraid of the answer but knew he had to ask his mother this question.

'What did she do? What are you talking about mom? '

'They examined Emily's body. She had so much poison in her body that even if you found her earlier there was nothing you could do. The police will question the family but Noah pointed out that they won't find anything anyway. It was a suicide, Scott. '

***

Derek couldn't believe that Emily could just kill herself like that.

Something must have happened that he didn't know about. He blamed himself for the girl's death because he believed that if he hadn't made such a stupid decision to move away from Emily, he would have noticed that something was wrong with her and would have helped her. And now it was too late.

Derek knew it wasn't the bite that killed her. He had to get his mother's help.

He left his bedroom and went to the living room where she was sitting with Deaton, deep in conversation.

He sat down in an armchair across from them and the couple looked at him. They were holding hands, but Derek was already getting used to Deaton's presence. He knew and felt that the vet was making his mother happy and taking good care of her.

'How are you feeling? ' Talia asked, looking worriedly at her son.

She knew that her son cared a lot about this girl and she was afraid that he would blame himself for her death and distance himself from everyone like he used to.

He used to be reserved and aloof, but this McCall girl had changed him. Talia didn't know how the girl did it, but she was very grateful.

'I don't know. I don't think she could have done it. '