13. When we were surprised

I got up in the morning and went to school with Stiles, who had a hangover. After school, Stiles and Scott took Derek's car to help him because he was being chased by police and hunters.

I had to stay at school because I had tests that would allow me to graduate this year if I passed them. At first I was really excited about the possibility of graduating early. Now I wasn't sure.

What will I do if I pass these exams? Should I go to university, move out of the city, or stay here and get a job? I was completely devastated.

I went into the room where the tests were held and froze. There was only one other person there. It was Alec. One of the guys who had attacked me that day.

He was busy, bent over a book, and didn't notice me at first. The teacher asked me to sit down and then Alec looked at me. He smiled mischievously.

'Do you want to celebrate our exams together? It could be a lot of fun. '

I didn't speak, I could feel my heart pounding and my hands shaking. I picked up the pencil but could not write.

I had to control myself. Think of something pleasant, but what? I had few moments in my life that I enjoyed.

I took the test in my hands and focused on it.

***

When the test was over, I literally ran out of the classroom and into the school parking lot. I texted Stiles, and as we agreed, they came to pick me up in Derek's car a few minutes later.

I got in the back seat with Stiles, Derek and Scott in the front. Scott turned to me.

'How did it go for you? ' he asked.

I shrugged.

'I think it went well. ' I replied with a shaking voice.

'What happened? I think half the town heard your heart beating. '

I shook my head. I didn't want to worry him, Scott had a lot on his mind anyway.

'I think it was the stress. I haven't seen such detailed questions in a long time. '

'I'm sure you'll pass. And then I'll regret that you'll be out of town and there won't be anyone to help me with the tests and studying. ' Scott said and drove the car out of the school.

Derek turned to me with a look of shock on his face.

'You're leaving town? What about school? '

I smiled at him.

'I don't know if I'm leaving yet. I've been given the opportunity to finish school early. I wrote the tests and now I'm waiting for the results. '

'What if they are positive? '

'I don't know. I haven't thought about it yet. '

Derek turned his head back to the road and Scott looked at him quizzically. What's going on?

Stiles told me what Derek told them earlier. About Allison's necklace and about Harris.

'So do you have any idea how to get the necklace? ' I said to Scott.

He shook his head. I sighed.

***  

Scott could not get Allison's necklace. The Harris option was also out of the question because he was under police protection after Alpha visited him in his classroom after school. He didn't do anything to him, but with the police, we didn't even have a chance to sneak up on him. We were trapped.