12. When we got closer

I didn't know what to do.

Derek was lying on the grass, with his stomach punctured through and through, and I didn't even know if he was still alive.

Scott and Stiles had locked themselves in school to avoid Alpha. Too bad they didn't think what would happen to me if I stayed here. I looked around but silence matched everywhere. If I hadn't seen Alpha with my own eyes I wouldn't have thought he was here somewhere.

I had to act quickly before Alpha came back here. I walked over to Derek and found his car keys in his jacket pocket. I opened the passenger-side door and with difficulty pulled Derek into the seat. I buckled his seatbelt, got behind the wheel and drove away quickly, looking around the whole time.

After ten minutes, I parked in front of his house. I wanted to go inside and call his mother. She is a werewolf so she certainly has more strength than I do. But the door was locked. Strange.

Has she left somewhere? Deaton also disappeared from the back seat. Or maybe one was hiding the other?

I didn't have time to think, I went back to Derek and started looking for the keys in his pockets again, this time to the house. I found them, opened the door and turned on the lights in Derek's room.

Then I went back to him, unbuckled his seatbelt, grabbed him under the arms and, with difficulty, began to drag him on the ground. When I got to his room, I put Derek on the bed. I took off his shoes and jacket and looked for a first aid kit in the bathroom.

I lifted his shirt, washed his wound and applied a bandage. He had a very weak pulse and I didn't know if he could make it through the night.

I wanted to call his mom so I took his phone. Just as I was about to do so, I noticed a message from her. It said that, according to their earlier conversation, she was going away for a while to fix some things. She was listed as dead everywhere, so she had to take care of it. It would take her some time. And since she left today, she probably won't be back for a long time.

I sat by him and changed his bandage from time to time. I couldn't sleep, if his condition worsened or Alpha found us here I would have to do something.

Derek's pov

I woke up. I felt a slight pain in the abdominal area and recalled recent events. I looked at my abdomen.

The wound was completely healed, so it must have been a few days. When I looked at my phone it appeared that only one night had passed. Strange.

A wound inflicted by an Alpha should not heal so quickly. It should still be open and not healed. I got out of bed and started looking around the room for answers. After a while, my answer entered the room.

'Hey, you're up. How are you feeling? '

Emily asked, coming up to me and touching my belly.

'Fantastic. '

I said truthfully. She didn't even know it, but it was thanks to her that my wound healed so quickly. If someone else had taken care of me or if she had left me alone, I would still have had to lie with an open wound.

'I wanted to call your mother but I saw a message from her. I'm sorry I spied on your things. ' she said.

She really felt guilty.

'Don't apologize. You could have left me here but you helped me. Thank you. '

I said to her. She smiled at me. She no longer had bandages on her neck, instead she had a claw mark. From her ear down to her cleavage, but instead of disfiguring her, the claw mark added charm and she was even more beautiful. My inner wolf howled.