15. When he's an Alpha

Emily stood in front of the mirror and looked at herself in the reflection. She looked really good, Peter was right about the dress.

It fit perfectly, accentuated all her feminine curves and was comfortable. Emily put on matching heels. Her hair was pinned up in a bun, and a light makeup accentuated her beauty. Even the claw mark on her neck no longer bothered her.

The girl got a lot of proposals from boys to go to the prom with them, but Emily did not want to go with a boy who had too many hormones.

Such boys only expected Emily to take them to the bathroom or the broom closet for a known purpose after the dance.

That's why Emily decided to go to the prom with Isaac Lahey. He was quiet and had no interesting situation at home. He knew what violence was and Emily was confident that she would be safe with him.

Scott was also going to the prom, although his teachers had forbidden him to go. He planned to sneak in.

***

Emily was already outside the school hall where the whole party was taking place. She was waiting for Isaac to be dropped off by his dad.

Suddenly Emily heard her phone ring, she had a message.

Sourwolf: Heard about the dance. Can I steal you away for a dance? Somehow I will sneak into the school ;)

Emily lifted her head from the phone and looked around. She didn't see anyone, but she was convinced that it wasn't Derek who had sent the message.

After all, he had been kidnapped by the Argents and they wouldn't let him go so easily. But the girl already knew what to write back.

Emily: Sure, I'll wait in front of the school ;)

***

Emily hid behind the cars in the school parking lot and waited for the two men to get out. She knew they were hunters from their clothing and weapons.

They had probably been sent by the woman Derek had told her about. Kate, Allison's father's sister.

'Do you see her? ' one of the hunters asked the other.

'No. Maybe we should get closer. '

'She did write that she would wait outside the school. I can't believe she was fooled by such a stupid message. Kate was right. '

'And now she's probably waiting for her wolf, stupid girl. '

'I'm not surprised he lost his head over that girl. She's really hot and I'd like to have some fun with her myself. '

'Me too. Maybe we'll do that before we hand her over to Kate. '

Emily was shocked to hear these words. She was convinced that it would be the hunters, but deep down she hoped that Derek really would show up.

Emily grabbed the metal baseball bat that was always in her house. She stepped out from behind the car and stood behind one of the hunters.

She swung the bat and hit one of the hunters in the back of the head with all her might. The man immediately fell to the ground, blood gushing from his head. The other hunter looked at her angrily and pulled out a stun gun.

'You bitch. ' he said and started to use the weapon on the girl, but her reaction surprised even her.

Emily waved her hand and saw that instead of nails, she had wolf claws. Without thinking, the girl sunk her claws into the hunter's side.

Then she grabbed him by the front of his blouse and threw him against the car. The falling hunter dented the hood.

Without thinking, Emily started running toward the school.