25. When he tricked him

Emily sat in Derek's car looking out the window. As soon as they got the information from Gerard to show up where he was, they wasted no time.

They went to the car immediately. Derek looked at Emily and took her hand. He could tell the girl was tense and scared.

'Don't worry. Everything will be fine. ' he said as Emily looked at him.

The girl smiled weakly.

'Gerard is unpredictable. ' she said.

'I know that. We'll manage. ' Derek squeezed her hand.

'Promise me you won't do anything stupid. '

'If you promise me the same. '

Emily nodded.

***

When they arrived at their destination, an old garage on the outskirts of town, they found Derek's entire pack, the Argents, and Scott.

Kanima circled the roof of the garage. Allison stood with a bow in her hand while Isaac and Erica lay unconscious on cardboard boxes. Talia sat bound at Gerard's feet. Traces of blood were visible on her face.

Boyd sat against the wall, breathing heavily. Only Scott stood still, staring at the floor.

Emily was curious about her brother's deal with the old Argent.

'Well, you look pretty good, Emily. Is the wound healed yet? ' Gerard said, looking at the girl and smiling mischievously.

Derek looked at Emily in surprise.

'What is he talking about? '

'Oh, you didn't tell your wolf about our nice meeting? '

Emily shook her head.

Derek stuck out his fangs and looked at Gerard angrily.

'Let my mother out. ' he said.

Gerard laughed.

'What do I get in return? '

'I'll let you live. ' Derek said threateningly.

Gerard shook his head but untied the ropes from her arms and legs and the woman stood up and moved aside. Derek let go of Emily's hand, which he had been holding all along, and walked over to Talia.

'Are you okay? ' Derek looked at his mother, checking for any serious injuries.

Talia nodded her head. Gerard, on the other hand, walked over to Emily and took a quick look at Scott before speaking to her.

'Did you know that your brother practically betrayed you so that he could date Alison? ' he said, watching her reaction.

Emily couldn't believe what she'd just heard.

'You promised you wouldn't tell her! ' Scott yelled behind Gerard's back.

Emily looked at Scott with tears in her eyes.

'So it's true. ' she said quietly.

'Sissy...' Scott started but Emily interrupted him.

She didn't want to listen to his pointless explanations.

'Shut up! ' She looked at Gerard angrily. 'And you keep talking. ' She said it in a commanding tone and didn't care if it upset Argent or not.

'Scott never trusted or liked Derek. He resented you spending so much time with him. He wanted to convince you to leave him. But I convinced him not to. That he should pretend to enjoy his presence in your life and join his pack. He told me all your arrangements and conversations, that's how I knew so much. '