01|| Torger

I roll over in my bed, stretching and letting a moan escape my lips. I stare at the empty bedside next to me. I sigh, turning around and getting out of bed. I was tired of waking up alone. Every day for the past eleven years, it's been the same. It's either some girl I picked up at a bar or my laptop that I fell asleep working on. I was just so tired, so frustrated.

I worked so fucken hard for this teams success and lately I just feel it's been thrown into the gutters. Our cars appeared to lack straight line speed, had fallen victim to ungodly amount of proposing, a concerning amount of drag, and Lewis complaining about brake separation after every drive (rightfully so) was all affecting me.

My alarm goes off, startling me. Great Toto, think about work before you even get there. I walk towards the bathroom and put on the shower. Better get ready for the day.

When I got out of the shower, I changed into black Chinos and a white Mercedes button-up. I put on my black puma sneakers as my assistant knocked on my door. I opened it before walking with her downstairs for breakfast.

We got to the track not much later. It was good to be back. Silverstone was one of my favorite tracks, and I loved that it was my drivers home race. But it was Friday, which meant testing. There was no time to dwell on the beautiful surroundings of the circuit, knowing today's practice may make my stress worse. The thought of practice made me anxious.

My assistant starts explaining where I need to go in the next few hours and when this girl with curly hair came running past us. She hit my shoulder by accident and stopped for a second. I turned to look at her She was wearing a small cropped black tank top, blue jeans and Black boots. "Sorry Torger" She said before running away shouting at Christian.

"Anyways as I was saying after Practice One you have a meeting with Lewis." My assistant continued. I looked back after that girl who was now hugging Christian. Obviously she'd be a RedBull fan, it seemed everyone was nowadays. But something compelled me to want to know her.

Get your head in the game Toto.

I sighed, turning back to what my assistant was saying.

******

"The purposing was unbearable this practice. What is going on, Toto?" Lewis asked me.

"I wish I knew Lewis. I've investigated all the paperwork about the car, and there seems like there's nothing wrong. "

"Well, if that was true , I wouldn't be complaining. I just don't understand what went wrong? We had a competitive car last year, and now what? We're not even in front of Ferrari. Ferrari Toto"

"You think I haven't realized that? I lay awake every night trying to figure out what went wrong. And it kills me to know that I'm not giving you a championship winning car." I sigh. "I'm sorry, Lewis, I wish I knew what went wrong."

"I know you are Toto. But I'm a seven times world champion, and I want a team that can deliver that. We are too far gone for this season, but if things don't change next year, I'm sorry, but I'll make the best move for my career. I'm not done yet, I still have that hunger. I don't want to leave this family, but I want that eighth title."

"I know Lewis and I want to give you that, believe me. But I just don't know how to at the moment." I run my hands in my head.

"I get that being a team principal is stressful, and I'm probably adding to the stress you have but I just want to show you how dire this situation is" Lewis says, siting down in a chair in front of me.

"I get that Lew." I say, taking a breath in.

Laughter behind me makes me turn my chair and look out the wall made of windows. The girl from earlier. I watch as she bends down and leans back, bringing a camera to her eye and takes a picture of a Red Bull Mechanic. She looses her balance and falls backward onto her ass, My hand twitches. I watch as she leans her head back, laughing. The RedBull Mechanic walks towards her, and She looks up at him. The scene puts a dirty image in my mind. I turn my head to Lewis.

"Lewis, who's that?"

"Addison Horner, the newest talk of the paddock,"

"Horner's daughter?"

"Yep, she's joined their team as a photographer, as seen by the camera around her neck."

"Addison" I let the name roll off my tongue.

******
Well, Well, Well guess what's back.

Yes I unpublished this story without a word and now I'm publishing it again.

The first draft I hated, but I love this story.

So I did some editing. And It's back.

Hope you'll like the way I'm taking the story now.

Don't forget to vote, follow and Add to your library.

Lot's of love,
Amelia