08|| Blush

"Come, Checo, come, Checo!" I start whispering under my breath, as Checo goes through the second last corner. I bring my camera up and watch as Checo's Mechanics starts celebrating. I follow as they run to watch him cross the finish line, Gigi on my tail. My camera shutters as I run, trying to get the best picture. The roar at Ferrari is unbelievable. I smile thinking about how much I'm going to love being in this sport, I just know it.

I catch up to another RedBull photographer named Vladimir and talk to him on the way to the Podium. I watch as the drivers go onto the podium and take a few photos from my view by the barrier.

I smile at the celebrations. I'm taking a few more photos. I feel a heavy presence behind me and look up to see Toto. I smile, and he winks. I turn back and watch the rest of the podium. "Don't tell dad, but Carlos is hot. I'm glad he won, " Gigi whispers in my ear. I start laughing and lean backwards, almost losing balance. I feel Toto's hand stop me from going any further, and he pushes me back up. I gain balance and turn around to thank him, but he's gone, and so is the feeling of his hand on my back.

I shake it off and go back to the celebration.

******

I follow my dads assistant to the debrief room and sit down behind Max and Checo.

"Checo, you did good, man. I'm proud, " I say, sitting down. Checo, thanks me. "Sorry you didn't get a better result Max".

"Nah, It's one race. I'm pretty sure my dads gonna phone me screaming, but that's a problem for later. I'm just happy this dude got us some points. The Constructors Championship is almost in the bag. " He smiles.

One of the mechanics comes and sits down next to me and starts talking to the boys. As the conversation starts dying and Checo looks bored, I put my camera up to my eye. "Checo," I whisper scream to get his attention. He looks up and smiles. I take the photo

Max turns around and sees me with the camera. "Max Smile," I say, and he does as instructed.

"Awesome, I'll send these to you guys when I'm done editing them." I tell the boys.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and look up to see my dad.

"Addison, I wasn't aware you were going to be joining us," He says

"It was in my calendar,"

"Don't worry about the debriefs. They aren't photographable anyway. You're the only photographer here. You're more than welcome to leave. " He says more a command than an offer.

"Awesome. I'll see you later. " I smile before standing up and leaving. "Have a good debrief session, guys," I say to the drivers before walking out. I walk to the place where I left Gigi.

"Why are you back so early?" She asks.

"Dad kicked me out. But it's fine, let's go, Gives me more time to get ready for tonight, " I say.

"Yes! Let's go, " She says.

As I finish grabbing all my stuff from my locker, I feel my phone vibrate. I pick it up and see his name on the preview screen. A smile makes its way onto my face.

******

"Hurry up, you're going to be late!" Gigi shouts at me as I walk down the stairs. My dad walks in the door at the same time. He looks me up and down. "Why are you dressed up?" He says.

"Me and my friends are going out tonight for dinner. I told you this, Dad."

"You said you were going and staying at Annabeth for the night,"

"And I am, but we going to dinner first."

He raises his brow. "Okay."

I mentally roll my eyes. "Okay, let's go," Gigi says, cutting the tension.

"You're going with?" He asks.

"Nope, just dropping her off," Gigi smiles.

"Something wrong with your car, Addison?"

"Nope. Annabeth is the designated driver tonight. "

"Don't get too drunk. And we're having a Family Brunch at Twelve tomorrow. Make sure you're here before Eleven, so you can help set up"

I smile. "Will do so."

Me and Gigi walk out the door. And the minute I'm in her little Aston Martin DB7, I let out a groan.

"He is so insufferable sometimes,"

"Tell me about it. But think happy thoughts like, for example. Your date with Toto, " She says, nudging me.

I smile , a blush creeping up my neck.