25: Long Night

Our drive back to the hotel was spent in comfortable silence. Addy had put on some music and had at some point on the drive fallen asleep. I started thinking about what to do about that security guard. The sports management is normally in charge of hiring local security companies. The thought of contacting the company crossed my mind. They won't do anything about it unless I tell them who I am. But if I go to the sports management I would have to disclose why I was at the track again after leaving. There was only one answer. 

When we got to the hotel I nudged Addison awake. "Mhm later" She said before falling back asleep. I sighed. There was a elevator in the parking garage that could take us back to our floor thats if it doesn't stop on any floor first. Even then it was risky. Max or Checo could see. Or even lewis and George. Worst of all maybe even Christian. Wake her up, or risk being seen carring her? I sighed getting out the car and walking around to her door. I opened it before unclipping her seatbelt. I pulled her towards me and immediately she wrapped her hands around my neck. I picked her up bridal style, which was hard considering the position she was sitting in. Eventually I got her in my arms without waking her up. I closed the car door with my hip before walking to the elevators. I pressed the button and immediately the doors opened I walked inside and prayed it would take us straight to our floor. It did and I was about to let out a breath when the doors opened and I was staring straight into christians eyes. Shit. I swallowed  before starting to walk. As I walked past him I greeted him, With a tight smile. 

"Wait, Toto." He said stopping me. Against my better judgement I stopped. I looked at him and breathed out. "Lemon Tea" He said. I lifted my eyebrow, waiting for him to continue. He sighed before looking at me. "She's that tired because she was working the whole day. Make her a cup of Lemon tea tommorow morning. I don't know how it works for her, but After working an entire day like she did for me today. She'll need a mug of lemon tea, when she wakes up. Not coffee, If it's coffee shes groggy and in a bad mood. A lemon tea and she's happy and calm, almost stress free. Just trust me on that?" He pleads almost. 

I nod. "Thanks Christian. It's appreicated" I whisper.

"Of course" He smiles before walking into his room. I stare at his closed door. He just extended an olive branch. Addy shifts a bit and I quickly turn going to our room. I lay her on the bed and pull the blankets over her. She rolls over on her side and I swear I hear her say it. It's soft, like its a secret. But she says it. 

"I love you Torger"

I'm taken back for a second. "Addy-" but it's too late. She's back asleep. 

I chuckle before kissing her forehead. "I love you too, Princess" I say before walking back out the room. I go back down to the car and grab my phone, wallet and Addys bag. I make sure to lock the car before going back up. As I'm about to wak back into our room, Max, Checo and Lewis come walking out the oposite elevator singinging. Max has the drunk mexican on one arm, holding him up. Before I know what I'm doing I'm helping him. We get him into his room, some force having to be used. Immediately after we get him onto his bed he's up and running to the bathroom. I close the door giving him privacy. I look at Max. "What happened?" I question. 

"What does it look like? He drank too much"  Max has a carefreeness to his voice. 

"Why?" I ask

"Don't know. Said something about not being able to be loved. Not sure what that was about" Max says. It clicks then. Addy telling me about Checo's wife and getting drunk. I sigh. 

"Okay, you can go. I'll deal with him." I say.

"Addisons lucky to have a man like you. Don't hurt her" Max warns before turning to walk out. 

"Don't warn me Verstappen. I should be warning you. Gigi is going to be my sister one day, and I'm extremely protective of my family" I say. 

Max stops and smiles at me. "Does Addison know your planning on proposing?" 

"I'm not planning to propose"

He gives me a unbelieving looks. "And I'm not planning on making Gigi my girlfriend" He says before walking out. Theses kids I swear to god. 

Checo walks out the bathroom and he looks awful. "Toto' he looks embarrased as he walks to the mini bar and grabbing a bottle of water. 

I turn and look at him. "Sergio, Sit down. we ought to talk" I say sernly. He sits down at the table and looks at me, trying to make sure he looks at least somewhat sober. 

"Your wife is divorcing you" I say as a statement not a question. It looks like he's just been slapped. 

"I don't-" He starts, I put a hand up stopping him.

"I know your life seems like it's against you at the moment. But you can't keep doing this to yourself. But it's time to face realtity. She's gone, She's not coming back. And as hard as that is to hear its the truth. You can't let her fuck up your future, like you're letting her right now. You're stronger than you realize, and you have the potential to bounce back from this. But it requires effort and determination on your part. You need to start picking up the pieces and moving forward. It's time to get your act together" I say. I stand up. "I'll make sure Addy comes to make sure your okay tomorrow morning. Good night Checo" I  say before walking out his room. Letting what I've said to him sink in. 

When I walk back into our room,It was never my room, it was ours. I smile at how beautiful she looks. She looks peaceful when she's asleep. Putting all devices on charge and setting an alarm, I get into bed. I turn off the nights and lay down. Addisons immediately in my arms and I kiss her forehead again. 

It's been a long night, and theres nothing like coming back to her arms after nights like these.