20: Past and Present.

Authors note:
Thought I might as well just add a few trigger warnings for this chapter as it gets a bit heavy.
TW: Violence, Over Dose, Self harm, Sexual Assault, Suicide, Rehab, Death, Miscarriage, and Abuse.

I knew she would be home late, but when it was nearing 3am, I questioned going to sleep. I had decided to finish my chapter of the book I was reading when she walked in. The sight made me feel bad, she looked terrible, her hair was a mess and she looked like all the sunlight had been drained out of her. 

"Hi," She says, and her eyes start watering up.

"Hey Baby," I smile at her. I turn and out my book down on the table. 

I turn back and watch her as she walks and puts her pj's on. She moves to her side of the bed and gets in. 

"We need to talk," She says, looking at me

"No more silent treatment?" I questioned. 

She smiled. "No more silent treatment." She said matter of factly. 

"Okay, then let's talk." I smiled. 

"I do not believe what you did was right. He's my father. You shouldn't have hit him, It doesn't matter if you were trying to protect me. You shouldn't have hit him." She started. 

"I know."

"But I understand why you did it. And I'm torn between being happy about it and  being pissed. But thank you and promise me you won't ever do it again?" She pleaded. 

"I promise," I told her.

"Now I have to ask... How did you guys get in that situation? The guys said you pulled Christian aside." She questioned. 

"Well -"

******Three Hours Earlier******

"Checo, Shall we go dance?" Addison asked, putting out her hand like this was a fancy ball. He stood up and took it happily. "Yes, we shall, my lady," He says before Addy leads him to the dance floor. 

"I wouldn't be so quick to believe her. I think she's having something with the man she's currently dancing with, " Daniel said to Max under his breath. 

"Would you kids mind if I joined you?" Christians voice pulled me from looking at a spot on my hand. 

"Surprised to see you out, boss. Of course you can. " Max said. 

"Thanks," Christian replied before sitting down and scanning all the faces of everyone here. His eyes landed on me, and his face that was full of anxiety turned sour.

"Toto," He said in a tone meant to be threatening but could be taken as friendly.

I nodded at him and turned to Lewis, who had come and sat next to me. "So you ready for this weekend? I asked. He started talking, but a notification popped up on my phone from someone I never thought I'd hear from.

I had given Gigi my number, in case she needed to get ahold of Addison when she was with me, the day we met in the paddock.

Gigi (Addy)
Hey Toto,
I probably shouldn't even be messaging you, and Lord knows Addison would kill me if she found out, but knowing Addison, she probably didn't tell you the whole story.
I know my sister, and if she thinks a detail is going to create drama, she leaves it out. But my dad hit Addison when they fought yesterday.

I read the text and I look at Christian. 

"Toto? You good?" Lewis asks next to me. I look at him and nod. "Actually-"  I say a bit louder grabbing everyone's attention. "I just remembered I need to speak to Christian about something. Can we have a private word?" I ask christian. He nods and walks past me. I put my hand on the back of his neck and guide him.