19: Checo, It's Addy.

I closed the hotel door and lean against it. Taking a deep breath.  

The hallway felt like a never-ending tunnel as I made my way to Checo's room. I hesitated for a moment before knocking on Checo's door, the sound echoing in the quiet corridor. "Checo, It's Addy."

The door swung open, revealing Checo's concerned expression. "Addison, what happened?" he asked, immediately sensing the distress in my eyes.

I felt tears well up in my eyes as I stepped into the room, seeking solace in the familiarity of Checo's presence. I took a shaky breath, trying to find the right words to convey the turmoil within me.

"I... I don't even know where to start," I admitted, her voice quivering.

Checo guided me to sit at a small table in his room, his eyes filled with genuine concern. "Take your time. I'm here for you." He said walking to the small kitchenette grabbing two wine glasses and a bottle of red wine. He poured both of us a glass before sitting down Infront of me. 

"What's going on Addy?" He asked. 

"I'm with Toto" I say quickly. Checo's eyes go wide. 

"Toto as in Toto Wolff? Mercedes's Team principal? Your dad's rival?" He asks.

"Is there another Toto?" I laugh sadly. 

"Addison" He whispers, the disappointment visible.

" I know, I know" I say. "Trust me I didn't plan it. I ran into him last weekend and things got out of hand, was joking with him and things took a turn, and we spent the night together. Then had a date. Then my dad found a picture I took of us and argued with me, slapped me. Kicked me out his house. We came to Austria and I've been staying in Toto's hotel room with him, Then Gigi told Toto about the slap. Toto beat the shit out of my dad after you left the club this evening, luckily out of sight. And then when me and Toto got back to the hotel room, I gave him the silent treatment, we had a fight, and I left and came here. Told him not to wait up" I rush out. 

"Addison"he runs a hand through his hair and laughs.

"I know" I laugh

"You've know this is crazy Right? You've known him all of what a week? Less?" He says stunned. 

"With everything that's happened it's felt like it's been way way longer" I laugh

"The sex must be really good If you're uprooting your whole life for him" He teases.

"Checo" I groan putting my head back. Covering my face, he laughs.

" You do realise how crazy you do actually sound though right?" He asks. 

"Yes" I wince. 

"But Toto beat up your dad?" Checo asked, disbelief etched across his face. "And you're telling me that you're dating your Toto?"

I  nodded, my hands trembling in her lap. "I can't believe any of it. I never thought things would get this complicated."

Checo reached out and placed a comforting hand on my shoulder. "Addy, I'm sorry you had to go through all of this. But you don't have to face it alone. We'll figure it out together."

I felt tears roll down my cheeks again as I leaned into Checo's comforting touch. "I just never expected things to fall apart like this. It's like my whole world is crashing down."

Checo squeezed my shoulder reassuringly. "We'll find a way through this mess. And as for Toto and you... well, we'll deal with that too."

I sniffled, grateful for his support. "I don't even know what to do now. It's like I'm caught between two sides, and both of them are tearing me apart."

Checo sighed, his expression thoughtful. "If I've leant anything from my life, it's that; If you find someone you love, keep that as close as you can. Keep them safe, Show them you love them, Prove that you deserve them, Because one day you might wake up and realize that the love of your life, doesn't love you the same anymore." Checo smiled a sad smile.

I tilted my head and looked at him. 

"Checo?" I whispered he looked up at me and I noticed the dark rings around his eyes, the puffy eyes and the pain in his eyes. "Are you Okay?" I whisper. 

I watch as it looks like my question hit's him like a punch. Watching him break down was like witnessing the unraveling of a soul. His glossy eyes and trembling features spoke volumes, reflecting the storm of emotions within. As tears traced his cheeks, He hunched over, shoulders sagging under the weight of sorrow. His hands quivering and his breaths uneven against the intimate struggle. In those moments, the room blurred, and the only focus was on the raw vulnerability before me, The man who I knew never spoke about feelings, and kept everything to himself, was broken in front of me. 

"Sergio?" I opted to use his name and not his nickname for once. 

"I'm signing divorce papers next week" he cries, My stomach twists. I'm out of my chair and on my knees In front of him in a matter of seconds. His arms wrap around me and his silent crying turns loud. Him howling, his body heaving. 

"She found someone else" He cries. "Said It was my fault" He said in between sobs. 

"Oh honey" I say moving my hand up and down his back. 

We sat like that for what felt like forever Checo crying. When he stopped crying we went and sat down on the carpet in front of his bed, ditching our empty glasses and drinking straight from the bottle.

There was just silence and passing of the bottle between us. Tears silently falling down Checo's face our hands intertwined. He sniffed and laughed passing the bottle back to me. 

"Sorry" He apologizes, I look at him.  "I know I must look fucking pathetic, Crying like a baby" He wipes his eyes. 

"You are far from Pathetic Sergio" I smile at him. 

He looks so tired his eyes blinking a million miles a minute. I stand up and put the now empty bottle on the table and put my hand out for him to take. "Come, I think we ought to get you to bed" I smile. He grabs my hand and i guide him to the bed, Once he's in I sit down on the floor next to him. Intertwining our hands again. 

"What are you doing?" Checo asked peering down at me. 

"Staying with you" I replied. 

"Addison No" He says I look back at him. 

"Take my advice. Go back, Fight for him, Don't just walk away." He said.

"But what about you?" I asked.

"I've know for two months, Honey. I'll be fine" He smiles.

"Okay. But if you need me, even its just to sit in silence. Call me, and I'll be here in a matter of minutes." I tell him.

He nods and I gather my things and walk to the door. 

"If you need me. Call me" I tell him. 

"I will, Kid" He says. And that was that. I walked out of his room. The coldness of the hallway making the wine hit me. I stubbled as I took a step, leaning back against the door. I felt eyes on me and looked up to see Max with a knowing smile. Fuck.

My eyes go wide as I realise what he must be thinking. He chuckles running his tongue along the inside of his bottom lip. Before walking into his room. I let out a sigh and walk as fast as I could to mine and Toto's room. My body relaxing the moment that I closed the door. The hotel room was still lit, meaning Toto would still be awake.  I walked down the small hallway and the sight relaxing me more. Toto sitting up in bed reading, his forehead crinkled. He looked up and his safe softened. 

"Hi" I say my voice small.

"Hey Baby" He said back.