14||Baby

I put my stuff in the car before getting in the passenger seat. I pray that Christian will just get in the car and put the radio on so we don't have to speak. I pick up my phone. I haven't checked since I sent a picture of my outfit to Toto, and I see a total of 10 messages from Toto.

It hits me then that Christian messaged him. He must be so worried. I open the messages and read through them.

My heart melts at how he worried about me. I'm about to respond when another message pops up.

"I literally grabbed my keys and then saw you read my messages. Are you okay?" It says.

I sigh and start typing.

"Yes, my dad was suspicious. We had a huge fight, he knows, and when I get back from Austria, I need to find an apartment. I'll type out everything that happened for you when I'm on the plane, but I'm physically okay.  Mentally, I need to sort through all this information.

Thank you for caring. Toto, it means a tremendous amount. "

I sigh, turning off the phone as Christian got in the car. Just like I hoped he didn't speak but used the radio to fill the extreme amount of tense silence.

Toto messaged me, but I couldn't be bothered looking at it. I was so mentally exhausted that I just wanted to get on the plane so I could sleep.

Ten minutes of awkward silence later, Christians voice fills the car, almost a whisper.

"Was it something I did?" He asks.

"What?"

"Was it something I did or didn't do that made you want to date an older man?" He asks his voice soft.

"Christian, there's nothing you could have done to stop this. I know you think it's stupid, but he honestly treats me like an equal. Like I'm not just the rebellious kid everyone thinks I am." I tell him.

"Please, at least tell me you haven't slept with him?" He begs.

"I won't tell you something that's untrue Christian," I say after a moment.

He sniffs and wipes his eyes, Before silence falls upon us again.

Another ten minutes later, we're at the factory, and I almost jumped out of the car.

When I grab my stuff and walk into the factory, Checo walks up to me.

"Little Horner," He says, giving me a hug.

He looks at my face and asks if everything is okay.

I shake my head, and he grabs my duffle bag, and we walk to an empty office.

"What's wrong, little Horner?" He asks.

"Please don't call me that," I say. "I don't want anything to do with my father at the moment," I tell him he nods.

"Okay then, Addy, what's wrong?" He asks.

I shake my head. "I no longer have a place to come home to. He kicked me out." I inform Checo.

"Oh, Addy." His face softens, and he gives me a hug. Hugs from Checo feel like he picks up all those broken pieces of yourself, and he glues them back together. It was exactly what I needed at that moment.