22: Special

After Checo's brutal but much needed reality check the evening was uneventful. We watched The 3 Ironman Movies we had planned on earlier in the day. And I swear each movie Robert Downey Jr just got hotter. Didn't stop the 2nd one from being my favourite though. I felt that there was an invisible string between girls that loved that movie and being into f1. Probably because they had a grand prix in the movie, extremely unrealistic gran prix, but a grand Prix none the less. You think hearing yourself say it's unrealistic is annoying, try watching it sitting next to two f1 drivers. Max and checo would not shut up. It was infuriating. Worst part is... they were right.  

When I got back to mine and toto's room he was fast asleep. He had been working when I left him. I snuggled into the bed beside him and he immediately pulled me close. He kissed the back of my neck before barely whispering "Good Night Beautiful". And then slipped back to sleep. He had said it so quietly I wondered if I had imagined it. It wasn't long between the rhythm of his breathing put me to sleep.

I awoke to a kiss on the cheek. I put my arms above my head and stretched, A yawn escaping. 
"Good morning Beautiful" Toto said putting a cup of coffee on the bedside table before climbing back in next to me. He pulled me close and kissed my neck just as he had done the night before. 
"How was your night with the boys?" He asks.

"Not to eventful. Other than Max trying to convince Checo to buy his daughter a cat for her birthday, but he had been doing that the entire day since he heard Checo asking me for gift ideas." 

Toto chuckles. "What movies did you guys end up watching?"

"The Ironman trilogy" I reply. 

"Oh no, please don't tell me your team Iron Man?" He says. I turn around to face him at such a speed.

"Don't tell you I'm team Stark? Don't you dare tell me your seriously team Captain Lame-ass?"

"He is not Lame. He's a incredible super hero" Toto replies back. 

I scoff. "Can't believe I'm sleeping with the enemy" I say turning back how I was lying previously. 

"Didn't matter when it was your teams rival principal" He said placing his hand on my hip. I go silent stunned by his comment. 

I feel his breath on my ear. "I have an idea" He says. 

"What's your idea?" I ask intrigued.

"We're supposed to stay in austria this week and go back a week before the british grand prix right?" he asks.

"mhm"

"Why don't we fly back the week the week of the grand prix? Stay in Austria a week extra. Go to my home town, I'd like to show you a bit of my upbringing," He says. I stare at him as I feel tears pricking my eyes. I stay silent. 

"Unless you don't want to. That's fine, I'm sure you wanna  go home and start packing." I he starts. I put my hand on his arm. 

"That sounds perfect" I smile at him. 

He immediately smiles. "We can set off Monday Morning? Around 11? Need to get a few things sorted before we set off." He says. I nod, excitement bubbling in my stomach.

We spend the next two hours getting ready. We order room service and Toto even tried straightening my hair. Which note to self never again. I'm like 70% sure he burnt off a section on my hair and threw it away before I could see. He even let me style his hair and I did that like 90's John Travolta slick back and he looked so goddamn good. We joked the whole morning and talked about the most random things. I still think a pour swing bench is so much better that a rocking chair. "How's bout when you decide to retire we get a house with a wrap around porch with a swing chair for me and a rocking chair for you. You old man" I had joked with him. 

It was weird. We had only known each other for what must have been two weeks but I could see a future with him. I could see house with him maybe a Daughter.  I couldn't see us not together. It scared the fuck out of me. I could imagine a future without Damien when I was dating him. The same as any other man I've dated.  But Toto? It was different. He was different.  And maybe it was just the honeymoon phase as my father called it. But I was starting to think I loved him. 

But I couldn't go there. Not yet. It was too soon. Way too soon. 

But when I looked at him, that feeling that there was some thing special about him wouldn't go away. Especially when he looked up at me with a mustard covered face because of a burger. 

"You have a little something-" I tried 

"Everywhere?" He asked. 

I nodded before standing up and going to the bathroom and getting a face cloth for him. This was the happiest I had been in a while, I hadn't really realized that until now. It's like finally letting out a breath you didn't know you were holding. 

And as I watched him wipe his hands and mouth I knew it. He was special, and I wasn't letting go of him, hopefully ever. 

Authors Note:

Hi my loves!! When I tell you I am SO SO SO SO Sorry for not updating. Life has been hectic hectic. If you saw the community post I posted this morning you would know just how hectic. But I'm back, don't know for how long but here's a new chapter.
Again I apologize for  not updating❤️