21: Boxing

I'm talking to two mechanics when my phone buzzes. I look down and see Addison's name. 

"Will you excuse me a minute?" I ask the two mechanics nod before carrying on the conversation.

I walk into my office and sit down reading the text. 

Addison:
Thank you for forcing me to go to breakfast with my dad. Still think you're to forgiving when you were literally fighting him an  less than 12 hours ago. But we talked. He apologized for the way he reacted when he found out, and he thought that I was going down the same road as I did with damien. He said until you can prove that you care about me, he can't accept our relationship. And he told me about Sarah......

I sigh. I knew Sarah was going to be brought up sooner or later but I didn't think it would come up so soon. And now Addison knows her dads version of the story not mine. I run a hand through my hair before typing a response. 

Toto♥:
You're welcome. 
And Addy I can explain my side of the story with Sarah.

Addison:
I know, I need the full story before I make any assumptions. But for now it's Media day and I'm tasked with pictures in the press conferences. Also saw on the schedule you are in the conference with my dad, try not starting a fight? 

I laugh at the last sentence. 

Toto♥:
I'll try my hardest, he has a punchable face

I reply back and she responds with a few laughing emojis.  A knock on my door pulls my attention. It's my assistant. 

"We should start our walk to the press area." She states and I smile standing up following her. 

When we get to the conference room, I immediately see Addison talking to her dads assistant. I wink at her as I walk past her and she smiles. I have a quick debrief with my PR manager and she tells me to divert any questions about why I'm bruised. She also says she doesn't understand why I didn't tell her about it. She eventually says I'm fine to go sit down and I walk towards my chair. When I get there Christian comes and sits next to me. He puts out his hand to shake and I do so. "No telling the media what happened last night?" He asks. I nod in agreement. 

"Welcome back to our press conference. We have Toto, Christian, and uh Gunther Steiner, this session" The reporter says. 

They ask us all a question but Gunther answers first. I'm not entirely listening but my ears prick up when he says  "Normally It's Toto fighting everybody, but he had a few colleagues with him this time." He carries on talking and I just smile while shaking my head.

He asks the same question about the commission meeting and budget caps to Christian, he gives a very vague answer about them at least making a decision. They then move onto me. 

"Yea um, to little for the big teams I guess because um enterprises, inflation and freight sky rocketing but uh, I think to much for the small teams. It's like Gunther said, Nobody's really happy. And I guess that's a good outcome." I reply. 

"Thank you Toto, speaking of what gunther said about you fighting everyone. Is there a specific reason behind your bruised cheek? And does it, by any chance, have anything to do with the team principal sitting next to you, with a black eye?" The reporter asks. I look at Addison and she's trying to hide her laugh. 

I look at Christian and he looks at me expectantly. I laugh. "Just a bit of Friendly boxing, uh last night" I say the first thing that comes to mind and the room starts laughing. 

"Christian?" The reporter asks.

"Like Toto said, friendly boxing match" I see Addison shaking her head while trying to calm down. 

"I guess that's settled then. Would love to see one of these matches live" The reporter says before going back to Gunther and asking about Silverstone. Christian leans over to me and whispers, "Nice save". I laugh before saying thank you. I look back to Addison and she's smiling as she pulls her camera away from her eye and looks at a photo. Most probably of me and Christian laughing together. 

That girl is going to be the death of me. I smile watching her. I almost don't even realize they've come back to me until the reporter says my name. "Sorry" I say focusing on the reporter, and I can feel Christians gaze on me. The reporter repeats the question and I focus the rest of the conference. Stealing a few glances at Addison now and again. 

When the conference is over Christian stops me from walking away. "I think we need to talk. Lunch  on the wednesday in France?" He asks. I nod, "I'll get my assistant to set it up" I say and walk away. I walk past a confused Addison, "I'll tell you later" I say as I walk past her and wink. She smiles and turns and walks to her dad. He puts an arm around her and I smile. No matter what I won't let her and her dad's relationship break because of me. I won't do that, a person needs a parent in their life, I needed mine, and she needs hers. 

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
I start walking out the paddock when Addison appears next to me. 
"I'm having a movie night with Checo tonight, wanna join us?" She asks. 

"Sounds relaxing, I can't. I got work to do." I tell her. 

"Boo, you whore" She says and I look at her shocked. 

"Sorry what Gigi and I say when the others being boring" She laughs. "But too bad, I'll see you later then" She smiles. I nod before she runs to catch up with Max and Checo.

When I get back to the Hotel I change into a white t-shirt and Grey sweatpants. I make myself a cup of tea before opening my laptop and starting to work. I promised Lewis a while ago I'd figure out where we went wrong in production for this years car and I felt I was on the verge of figuring it out. 

I was so focused I didn't even hear a giggling Addison walk into the room before she kissed my head. I shake my head snapping out of focus and look up at her. 

"Hey" She smiles.

"Hi" I smile back. "Thought you were going over to your husbands for movies?" I say she looks at me like I said something wrong. "Isn't that what you kids call it? Like if you have a super close friend she's your wife? And if it's a guy he's your husband?" I question. Her face twists from confusion to amusement. She starts laughing hard, so hard she snorts. She immediately covers her face and try's stifling her laughter.

"Did you just snort?" I ask standing up. 

"Mhm" She groans in disagreement.

"Are you sure that sounded like a snort" I say a smile on my lips. 

"Maybe" She says. I wrap my arms around her waist. 

"It was cute" I say and she hits my arm. 

"Don't lie" She says. 

"I don't lie" I say leaning down and kissing her. She kisses me back. When we pull apart she unwraps my arms. "I got to get back to the boys" She says. 

"Who else is joining?" I ask.

"Is that jealousy I hear?" She says pulling off her RedBull top and replacing it with a plain white one. 

"Just curiosity" I challenge.

"Mhm" She pulls down her jeans, "Since you wanna know" She pulls them off where they got stuck on her feet. "It's Checo and Max" She says and she puts on plaid pj bottoms. "And if your wondering why I'm changing. You gotta be crazy to think I'm going to spend anymore time in those skinny Jeans" She says as she ties them tighter. 

"Okay then" I laugh. She walks over and gives me a kiss. "I'll see you later" She says.  "Oh and Toto?" She says as she gets to the door. I look at her. "The whole husband, wife thing only really applies when they the same gender." She says opening the door. "The husband title is reserved for you if we're together three years down the line" She says before closing the door. My eyes go wide, she just said that. I note that's something to talk about down the line, not now. In like a month. It's too soon to think about marriage. 

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Checo's POV:

"All I'm saying is a cat makes a really good present for a kid, and a way better pet than a dog" Max tells me.

"I'm not getting her a cat Max. Thanks for the suggestion" I laugh.

"It's fine uncle Max will get her one" He smiles, I give him a death stare and he bursts out laughing. I look at the door and Addison walks in white as a ghost. Here we go. 

"Addy You good?" I ask. She sits down on the bed and Max stops laughing and walks over to her. 

"I might have just told Toto I want to marry him" She says and Max's eyes go wide. 

"Haven't you known him like a week?" Max asks. 

She nods "But I said if we're still together in three years" She says. 

I starts laughing and shaking my head. The youngers look at me. 

"Addy have you ever thought about just shutting up?" I laugh. Max's eyes go wider. 

"I know that seems mean but Addy. How many stupid situations have you gotten into because you said some stupid shit?" I laugh. 

She smiles. "Too many" She breathes. 

"Exactly! I think we need to figure out if there's a program that stops people from saying stupid shit" I say and she bursts out laughing. Max just watches us. 

"Oh you think you're so high up. What about the fact that you asked me what your name was because you literally forgot it this morning" She laughs.

"Ay I blame that on you, You were here till all hours of the morning. I was tired" I say in response. 

"Your relationship is weird" Max says walking to the Couch.  "We watching movies or what?" He asks. 

"Yes" Me and Addy say at the same time. She stands up and I put an arms around her "Jokes aside, you okay?" I whisper. "Yeah, It's something that will need to be discussed eventually but right now I'm more interested in these Movies" She says plopping down on the couch. "We still good with the Iron Man trilogue?" She asks picking up the remote going to Disney+.

"I don't relate to Iron Man?" Max says. 

"I swear if you bring up cat's again" I say.

"Wasn't going to but the fact he doesn't have a cat is another reason." Max says and I groan. Addy giggles. 

"What's the other reason?" Addison asks.

"Well-" Max starts.