27: Austria Day 1 (Toto)

I kiss Addison before we go our separate ways in the hall. She seemed worried when I told her about Checo last night. I walk and get into the Mercedes. When I get to the airport, where the car rental is situated. I double-checked that there's nothing left in the car finding Addy's jacket from last night. It's a grey hoodie with a big red bull on the side. I could swear I've seen Daniel or The Old Toro Rosso guys wearing a jacket like this. I fold it on my arm before walking inside. The consultant who helps me is obviously a huge fan but tries his best to hide it. He shows me the golf, and I thank him. I signed the last of the paperwork, and he gave me the keys. "Thank you." He smiles before disappearing. I turn and walk out towards the new car. A group of teenagers come up to me and ask for a picture. I take one with them before they thank me and walk away. I get into the car and put Addy's jacket on the seat next to me. It clicks , and it was still on my arm when I took the picture with the boys. I hoped it wasn't seen in the photo, that the boy in front of me hid it. That would  be a scene, the Mercedes team principal carrying around a red bull jacket.

I drive back to the hotel, stopping to run into a small shop for snacks. When I get to the hotel, I set up Addison's side of the car. I put a water in the door,  snacks in the cubbyhole, and a small blanket I saw in the shop she'd loved on the seat.  Paired with my pillow. I was one of those people who couldn't sleep without my pillow.  I put our suitcases in the boot, not before grabbing Addy's Sunglasses and handbags, putting it in the front. Smiling at what I'd done, I went and checked myself out. I assumed Christian would check her out as they were supposed to be staying in the same room.  I walked up to Checo's room and knocked on the door. 

Checo opened it, laughing at something Addy had said. He smiles when he sees me, nodding before looking at Addison. "Addison, It's for you, Kid," He calls. I watch as her head turns and her eyes immediately click with mine. The way the morning sun hits her makes her look ethereal. She smiles, walking towards me. My chest hurts, and she's breathtaking.

"It's time to go beautiful." I barely manage to get out. She nods before saying goodbye to Checo. She walks out past me, and I turn to Checo. "Sorry if I overstepped last night I-" I start, and he stops me. "No, you made me realize some things I needed to come to terms with. So thank you. "
 He smiles. I nod, and he nods back before we say our goodbyes, and I walk after Addison, who's talking to her dad. She walks away, and I say good morning to Christian and thank him about the tea tip. He smiles before I follow after Addison. When we're in the elevator, she pauses. "I don't know where we are going," she admits, and I laugh. Pressing the button for the garage. I take her hand in mine, and when the door opens, I guide her to the car. " Your chariot awaits Madame," I smile. Opening the door for her. She smiles before getting in. I walk around and get in the drivers seat. 

"Okay, am I at least allowed to know where we are going now?" She asks. 

"I'm taking you to the place I grew up. We're going to Vienna, " I reply, and her smile grows ten times bigger. "But first we're going to stop where we had dinner last night. I forgot about their freezo's last night." I inform her. 

"Oooo," she sounds out happy. 

I turn the car, and we drive to get our freezo's. I get a cappuccino one, and she gets a frozen hot chocolate one. 

After getting them, I tell Addy It's about a 2 hour drive from Spielberg to Vienna, so if she wants to sleep, she's more than welcome to. She tells me no before connecting the Bluetooth on her Kindle, saying something about loving being my passenger princess. We hop on the highway, and we both put our sunglasses on. Her phone dings, and she goes to pick it up. I grab the phone from her. 

"No interruptions, my phones off and in the cubby hole, so yours has to be as well." I say, turning off her phone. I open the cubby hole and put it next to mine.