Chapter 27 - No Time for the Ungrateful

...

...

...

*beeeeeeeeep*

"Recording log..."

"Week 4"
"Tuesday"
"2347 hrs."
"In a certain comedy bar"
"Yormford City, Babilon"

...

...

...

An unknown group of four men clad in red cloaks suddenly appears behind Earl Hubert on the comedy stage. With their cold and intimidating presence surrounding them, the Earl quickly recognized them as powerful and not to be messed around with. Because of this, he knows that they are sent by none other than his father, or at least his subordinates.

"Why is my father sending me back home? I thought that we are now prohibited from entering any of his properties?" the Earl said with disgust.

"We didn't come to talk with you. Our order is to just send you back home. " one of the red men said in an ominous tone.

"Tsk! What if I don't want to?" the Earl started gripping his sheathed sword on his hip.

"Come on now, Earl. You surely don't want this to do in a hard way."

The two groups begin to stare at each other in a tense standoff for what must have felt like an eternity when one of the red men takes the initiative and begins approaching the Earl and his butler. The butler starts chanting a shield barrier when it is quickly stopped by another chant of one of the red men.

"Shit! We need to go, sire!" the butler ordered the Earl.

Earl Hubert finally unsheathes his sword and aims it at the approaching red men. Standing stoically even if he can't chant any magic spells, he is determined to fight. That is when a clapping noise appears on the stage.

"Alright, alright! People, let it have known that you are still here inside my working place. So, if you may, leave this place off?" the comedian on the stage joined in.

Earl Hubert and his butler look at the comedian behind while the red men stop in their tracks and also look at the comedian. For a moment, the red men gasped, seeing through their hidden sight that the comedian is strangely smiling towards them.

"Wh-Who are you?" one of the red men spoke to the comedian.

"What? Haha! That is my question. Who. The hell. Are you, people?" the comedian replied with crossed arms.

The red men stare at each other for a while.

"It's none of your busine-"

"They are the "Watchers", comedian." Earl Hubert quickly interfered, still facing the red men ready to attack.

"Hoh? The "Watchers" you say?"

"Yes. My father has a large contingency of these Watchers under his command to do his dirty work."

"Hahaha! I see. I didn't know that the color of the shitter is red! Haha!" the comedian laughed, hinting about the Watchers which pissed them off.

"Heh. I don't know if you're really a comedian or not because your jokes aren't funny." one of the red men spoke.

"Well, they didn't hire me if I'm not funny?" the comedian replied.

"Tsk! That's it! Any last words?" one of the red men started approaching the comedian with killing intent and a magical dagger in his hand.

"Ah! I advise you to not walk onto me like that, douche. Or else..." the comedian smugly replied.

"Huh?! Else what? I will just finish you here, RIGHT NO-"