Chapter 05 - Another Home

...

...

...

*beeeeeeeeep*

"Recording log!"

"Week 1"
"Tuesday"
"0615 hrs."
"Fruchiel's Cathedral"
"Gargan Forest"

...

...

...

Hearing faint bird chirps and the gentle wind breeze outside, a black ponytailed girl in her 20s wakes up from inside the living room of the Cathedral. Her eyes wander around for a moment to see sun rays illuminating broken windows and going through broken gaps in the walls of the room. Being half-awaked, she sits up and sees her other peasant neighbors with now new and clean bandages and needles injected into their hands into a strange plastic bag hanging near them, as they comfortably sleep on bed sheets across the room. She also inspects herself and also sees she got the same treatment as the rest. After remembering what happened last night inside her village - Arksonville, she is now wide awake and confusedly looked around to know where she is. When she then looks around the room, there she sees four men standing across the room donning strange green bulky clothing and black armaments on their hands, looking at her. 

"Wh-Who are you people?" she said, a little nervous about the four strange men. One of them then starts approaching her as he holsters his weapon on his back.

"How are you feeling? Are you doing well?" the strange man as he puts his left hand on her forehead to feel her temperature. The ponytailed girl was a little shocked as she bends back a little seemingly to avoid his hand, but the man ensures that everything was now alright.

"Don't worry. You guys are alright now. Now it seems that you have a little cold yet. Better get some additional rest." the strange man said as he observed the girl's temperature. After that, he removes his left hand and exits the room to call for someone.

"Ms. Angel. One of the patients is now finally awake." a faint voice from the strange man outside of the room as he called the recipient.

Moments later, the strange man came back, but then she notices white feathers gliding through the air at a doorway after the strange man entered the room. Seconds later, a female in white robes shining in a bright yellow light appears that made her cover her eyes with her arm. 

???: "Oh. You're awake." the female spoke to her. The ponytailed girl then looks through and saw an angel-like female, holding a tray full of cooked meat steaks. The girl can't believe what she was seeing and asked the angel with curiosity.

"Uh-uhm. A-Are you the one that saved us?" the ponytailed asked while bending her knees towards the angel. The angel then puts off the tray on a table and smiles. She then makes a praying gesture and closes her eyes.

???: "Save, is maybe the wrong word. It might be fate or destiny, that outshines your dilemmas in the hopelessness of the dark."

The ponytailed girl looks at the angel with confusion as she continues to bend her knees showing some sort of respect and gratitude. But then in the distance, she began hearing faint thump rotor noises as it slowly gets louder, and looks at an open window.

???: "Hehe, so that's why- ." the angel stopped as she too also began hearing the same faint thumps at the distance. Her face then shows little irritation while still in the praying gesture and smiles as she complains about the faint noises.

???: "Tsk. And just about where I go to the best part. Thanks, Harvey." the angel complained. She then grabs the tray with the cooked meats and starts distributing the meals to each of the sleeping peasants.