Chapter 14 - A Questionable Welcome

...

...

...

*beeeeeeeeep*

"Recording Log..."

"Week 1"
"Wednesday"
"1830 hrs."
"Cathedral"
"Gargan Forest"

...

...

...

With ten units from the Able Company guarding them, the five people in black cloaks arrived at the Cathedral. They first noticed the strange huge lighting poles scattered across the area along with tents positioned in designated areas, with weird types of machinery and electrical systems. They are stumped as they observe the units doing all sorts of construction activities from both companies. Some units are also looking at them with little hostility some have their hands gripped onto their holstered pistols and rifles. Despite this, they continue to approach the Cathedral. Guarding at the last checkpoint before the entrance gates, some of the Able Units inspect the five black-cloaked people for weapons and order them to unhood their cloaks. The five cloaked people look at each other with a little hesitation. But they soon oblige and unhood their cloaks, revealing three men of: lion-race with orange fur and whiskers, snake-race with scales and green eyes and donny hair, an elf-race with long white hair; together with two women of orc-race with green skin and green short hair, and a human-race with long black hair and glasses. All of them are quite attractive looking with decent human-like appearance, excluding the already human female of course. After inspecting them, the Able Units see no concealed weapons and are now instructed to go by a tent near the staircase leading to the entrance of the Cathedral.

Inside the tent, one of the units tells them to sit down by the table at the center and wait for a moment. The five then wait, when the orc-woman and the snake-man suddenly adjust their shadows, making them twice bigger.

"Troy. Wilma. Stop that, you two." the lion-man casually ordered. The two look at him with a hint of nervousness.

"We've come here to make an alliance. Not to make further enemies. Our king has already too many of them right now. So don't make it too hard for us. Got that?" the elf-man warned with hostility. The snake-man and the orc-woman oblige, realizing their intentions back.

"I-I'm sorry. I kinda let my old-habit go." said Troy the snake-man.

"Haha. It's alright. They aren't from the government. They are what our king called the "Pararescuemen". I'm sure he is waiting for them for so long." the human female added.

"Hm. Are you sure about that, Farka? Something is strange about them." Wilma from the orc-race asked the human female.

"They are quite strange indeed. They aren't what our king described. In fact, they just look like your ordinary people who work at mining and hunting companies." the elf named Plaire added.

"Yes. They reacted though when you mentioned the word "Pararescuemen" earlier. Right, Desmond?" Farka asked the lion-man. But Desmond doesn't respond and stays silent with a stern face. The other four look at him for a while when suddenly, the entrance of the tent opens. As the five looked at the entrance, what they see was not a person, nor a creature. Instead, a beautiful and majestic blonde angel in red-robes, with a radiant and gentle smile. All of them are in utter shock and surprise, feeling very powerless in front of the beautiful angel as they recognize her. 

"A-A-ANGEL RAFAEL! "  the five quickly kneeled, panting heavily.

"He-hey! What's the meaning of this!? Why is the holy Angel Rafael here?!" Desmond thought with extreme shock. But they are cut short when a male voice interrupts.