Chapter 21 - Gratitude Equals Honor

...

...

...

*beeeeeeeeep*

"Recording log..."

"Week 2"
"Friday"
"0455 hrs."
"Sector C"
"Gargan Forest"

...

...

...

As the thin cold fog gradually vanishes by the sun's rays going through every gap of the leaves above the trees, comes a group of three-horned deer eating grass near a river. They eat peacefully until they are all startled by a big minotaur brandishing a big makeshift axe that is made from a tree log. The minotaur roars with extreme loudness because what appears behind his back are countless poisoned arrows that penetrated deep into his back. The minotaur, due to his agony and pain, rages with his big axe, destroying any animals and trees along his way.

But, a hundred meters away from the minotaur, there are camouflaged and ghillied people hidden in trees and bushes observing the giant with their binoculars.

"You think we can get that thing at this distance, ma'am?" asked a man, lying on his chest observing the minotaur with his binos.

A woman then slowly stands up and puts her binos away.

"Yes. We just have to aim for its eyes and throat." the woman replied. As soon as she finishes her sentence, she makes a hand signal of advancing forward. Seeing this signal behind her, six men, including the one beside her, rise up from their covers, revealing they are from the designated special security recons of NOVEMBERS and OSCARS Groups. The woman in charge is none other than Isabella herself. She has been designated by Harvey and Brig. Gen. Hopkins. due to her knowledge of the entire forest and the creatures inhabiting it.

As the minotaur keeps on destroying the trees ahead of him, a sudden three suppressed shots echo followed by three large caliber bullets penetrating through his throat, making him stumble out of his stance and crouch on the ground putting his hand to his severely injured throat.

"GGKHLL!!" the minotaur tried to roar in pain, but his throat is now injured. Then, as the minotaur looks towards the forest again, it was again followed by four suppressed shots with the same large calibers through his both eyes. Two bullets in each eye. Suffice it to say, the large caliber bullets penetrated through his both eyes, deep into his brain, making it explode inside. 

The minotaur then lays down dead on the ground face first. Parts of his brain gush out on every gap on his head like the eyes and ears, followed by his green blood flowing out of him. 

Ensuring that the site is now secure, Isabella, equipped with an MP5SD, emerges from the treelines together with her group consisting of three operators on each group ( three NOVEMBERS and three OSCARS ). The four operators that took the first shots are equipped with suppressed McMillan TAC-50s that are first designed in the 1980s in Harvey's world, while the rest of the operators are equipped with SOPMOD Block 1's.

"Good job everyone. Some of you get into perimeter security while some of you help me harvest edible parts and valuable organs in this thing," ordered Isabella. The operators followed her and took security while the rest help her on the minotaur.

"Hm? Poisoned arrows at his back? He might've been attacked by some people earlier." Isabella quickly noticed the arrows on the back of the dead minotaur.

But before Isabella gets her knife, the advanced patrols and surveillance recon from the other recon of NOVEMBERS and OSCARS Groups, suddenly radioed at them about an incoming unknown group of people armed with crossbows, swords, spears, and the like.