Chapter 09 - Snake Stings

...

...

...

*beeeeeeeeep*

"Recording log..."

"Week 1"
"Tuesday"
"1435 hrs."
"Fruchiel's Cathedral"
"Gargan Forest"

...

...

...

After receiving the urgent report from HOTEL 02, Harvey uses the radio on his vest to quickly order HOTEL Group to prepare and stand by at the back of the Cathedral where the Chinook and the Cobra are parked. At the same time, he also orders the pilots from both helicopters to rev up the rotors in case of a fast engagement.  HOTEL 01 and both pilots of the two helicopters respond on the line as soon as they receive the orders. While resting after their weapons training, Isabella, Glenn, and Herman approach Harvey.

"What's going on, Sir Harvey?" Glenn asked. But Harvey looks at them while thinking of something. After a few seconds, he grins.

"Haha. It looks like you three will have an early duty. Isn't that right, HOTEL Two?" Harvey asked the operator. HOTEL 02 also looks at the three and chuckles.

"Hehe. Indeed, sir. Well then, I will go back to regroup with the other HOTELS." HOTEL 02 saluted Harvey and leaves the area to join his group. The trio meanwhile look at each other in curiosity, when they see the pilots of the two helicopters running and scrambling into their respective cockpits. Seconds later, their rotors gradually spin into an idle mode ready to lift off. Harvey screams at the three to follow him inside the Cathedral. The three oblige and follow him as the rotor thumps from both helicopters roar in the background together with the operators from the HOTEL Group standing by near the Chinook for further instructions.

Inside the Cathedral, Harvey orders again on his radio the units from the Able Company and Baker Company to increase and tighten their perimeter security outside and inside of the building, with two Baker Units will scout the area where they detect the massive movement in the forest. The units inside follow and go into their defensive positions near windows and doors. Noticing all the commotion and the loud helicopter noises outside, the peasants in the living room that were having their lunch of roasted deer meat, ask Fruchiel about what was going on. Fruchiel also didn't know and wondered also. When Harvey and the three make their appearance in the living room, Fruchiel asks Harvey.

"He-Hey Harvey! What is with the noises outside?" she asked. The peasants and the trio look at Harvey with thought, when Harvey sighs and announces the situation with a serious face.

"Although we still haven't confirmed it yet, there's a possible chance that the bandits might be coming here."

The peasants and the trio gasp in shock. 

"TH-THE BANDITS?! AGAIN?"

"TSK! HOW DARE THEY!" as they shout in extreme anger, remembering the events that happened to them from Arksonville. Harvey asks them to calm down as it is not yet confirmed. They will have to wait for the scout reports to identify the massive movement detected by the motion sensors. When suddenly, faint explosions in seconds intervals echo in the far distance. Harvey and the others look outside the window to the area where the faint explosions might came from.

"Wha-what was that?" an old female peasant wondered. A tap from behind interrupts Harvey. Harvey looks behind and sees Herman with a serious face.