Chapter 12 - Safety First, Kill Later

...

...

...

*beeeeeeeeep*

"Recording log..."

"Week 1"
"Wednesday"
"0210 hrs."
"Bandit Cave."
"Gargan Forest"

...

...

...

As Harvey and his group separated to clear each room and pathway inside the cave, FOXTROT 03  and FOXTROT 04 found a green tent in the furthest area of the cave. They carefully approach the tent with rifles drawn.

"Careful on your right, four..." FOXTROT 03 whispered. Approaching the closed entrance of the tent, they position themselves on both sides. With a nod from FOXTROT 04, he opens the entrance for FOXTROT 03 on the left side. FOXTROT 03 enters the tent with a cloud of dust seeping behind him. He carefully checks the dark area with his NODs and only sees a cage containing a woman with silver hair and rugged clothes, hiding behind a sheet of cloth and a piece of glass shard in her hands. She is looking at him with a little hostility and asks him a question.

" Wh-Who are you?....."

FOXTROT 03 presses his comms button on his vest to report the sighting.

"FOXTROT Actual, FOXTROT Three. I got one over here.". At the same time, FOXTROT 04 enters the tent and also sees the woman inside the cage.

"Another captive, huh..." FOXTROT 04 said to himself as he lowers his rifle and checks the cage. On their comms, Harvey contacts back to them.

"Roger that, three. Round your captives outside and let's see if we can get these gals out of here." Harvey whispered on the transmission.

"Copy." FOXTROT 03 acknowledged. He then approaches the cage while FOXTROT 04 goes outside for security. The silver-haired woman warns FOXTROT 03 and points her glass shard toward him.

"Do-Don't come any closer!"

FOXTROT 03 flinches for a while and stops at the opening of the cage as she sees the silver-haired woman being aggressive.

"Hey. Take it easy. We're getting you all out of here." he said as he begins unlocking the chains with a nearby hammer.

"Wha-What if, I don't comply with you?" the woman asked with hostility. As the cloud of dust begins to settle, it reveals the full appearance of FOXTROT 03. The strange dark-green and bulky clothing, and rifle that slung at his chest. The woman's question makes FOXTROT 03 look at her. Upon seeing the glowing lenses of his NODs, the silver-haired woman was taken aback and feels a menacing aura and cold stare coming from FOXTROT 03.

"If you don't? Well, we can just leave you here. Not a problem." FOXTROT 03 replied. Although he isn't serious and was lying. He just wants to make sure that the woman will comply even if it needs to scare her. Feeling their strong presence, the woman drops her glass shard and cloth sheet.

"What's your name by the way?" FOXTROT 03 asked her while working with the chains.

"M-My name is Felicia. Felicia C. Rodburg." she replied.

"I see." FOXTROT 03 stood up and drops the hammer. He grabs his rifle and warns the woman to stand back.

"Felicia, stand back for a while and cover your ears." 

Felicia covers her both ears and watches FOXTROT 03 shoots the chains with his rifle.

*bang!* *bang!* *bang!*