Chapter 24 - Nowhere Out of Purpose

...

...

...

*beeeeeeeeep*

"Recording log..."

"Week 2"
"Friday"
"1830 hrs."
"Kinval Village"
"SECTOR B"
"Southeastern part of the Gargan Forest"

...

...

...

"Urhhhh...." Isabella groaned as she opens her eyes, seeing the sight of a wooden ceiling.

She looks around, lying down on some sort of bed sheet made of leaves. Across the room are two units from her group. They are having a short conversation for a while when they notice Isabella is now awake.

"Oh. You're finally awake, ma'am." greeted NOVEMBER 03.

"How are you feeling, ma'am? Is there still anything troubling you?" asked OSCAR 03.

Isabella checks herself for a while then sighs in relief.

"Oh right. I was rescued by the DELTAS earlier. Sorry for my recklessness back there." she apologized.

"It's alright, ma'am. More importantly, is that you're now fine and well." said NOVEMBER 03.

All of sudden, the door near them slams open and two men shout as they walk inside the room.

"ISABELLA! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!"

They are none other than Herman and Glenn, who immediately rushed to her place after receiving the news that she got overrun by goblins.

"Y-YOU GUYS!" she gasped.

"What are you thinking? Rushing head-on without any backup?!" shouted Glenn.

"Wo-Woah! Don't worry. I'm now alright." Isabella replied with a short smile.

"Good thing you are. Don't expect it will be in the future. So be careful next time, alright?" Herman joined.

"Hahaha. Since when did you become my mother?" Isabella replied with humor which was followed by the two operators laughing.

"By the way, does Sir Harvey know what happened here? she asked the two.

Glenn and Herman look at each other for a while and back to Isabella.

"Uh. Y-Yeah." Glenn stuttered.

"Yeah. You've made Sir Harvey quite angry once he and his officers got the time to investigate your actions here." Herman followed.

Isabella lets a sigh of disappointment, not for Harvey, but for her. 

"I see. Can't blame him. I recklessly acted without thinking."

"But. He did say something though." Herman added.

"Hm? What is it?"

"Even though he is angry, he is worried as well. That, and you and your team are now temporarily detached from the hunting and recon operations until further orders."

"I-I see. That's alright. I can understand." she sighed.

"But, what's going to happen to me now?"

"Well..." Herman brought a folder containing a paper and reads through it.

"Because some of the DELTAS have secured this place and had some of the units from the other patrols of NOVEMBERS and OSCARS groups dispatched to this area for future operations, your task is to supervise and manage the specified groups as they conduct further perimeter security and base operations." he continued.