Chapter 19 - Feigning King

...

...

...

*beeeeeeeeep*

"Recording log..."

"Week 2"
"Tuesday"
"2055 hrs."
"House of Treasures"
"Pridel, Alemeda Kingdom Capital"

...

...

...

Marching along the pathway towards the House of Treasures, another group of highly-skilled Talenteds leads a formation of three dozen hired soldiers and mercenaries. On their rear, there are three nobles riding on their respective horses. As they continue marching, the Talenteds already killed most of the Followers patrolling the said building. Some survivors are now being hunted by another group of Talenteds and their screams and groans of pain echo inside as they are also shown no mercy.

"Hm. Do you think that the "books" are inside there?" a noble in his sixties, bald, and has a gray beard, asked another noble.

"TSK! IT HAS TO BE THERE! OR ELSE...." another noble in his sixties, and has a brown flat-top hair, replied with anger.

"Calm down. Hehe. There is no point in wondering about that. For now, let's focus on capturing this fucking building." the last noble, in his fifties and a red curly hair, replied at their front.

"B-But, Count Hescon. What if King Galian already took the "books" elsewhere?" the bald noble asked the noble with the red hair.

"Count Kadar. Your Lesser Book of Sollom also felt the "Holy Resonance". Didn't you?" Count Hescon asked in reply.

"Y-Yes."

"What about you, Count Geffen?" he asked the noble with the flat-top hair.

"Yes, Count Hescon. Isn't that the reason why we are here right now?"

"Hmph. Why indeed. There is only one reason for that." said Count Hescon with a smirk. He looks at the front and smiles wickedly as the big doors of the House of Treasures are now being opened. A bright light illuminates all of them as the Talendteds order the soldiers to follow them now inside the building.

"The reason is that someone must've now awakened their Lesser Key."

"RE-REALLY?! IT IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE HEARD ABOUT THAT?!" Count Kadar gasped.

"However, Count Hescon. How do you wake a Lesser Key?" asked Count Geffen.

"Well, according to my sources, you need to have a "holy book" in order to enchant it to the Lesser Key, awakening it. Some said that once you've awakened your Lesser Key, you can now summon - demons." Count Hescon smirked.

Count Kadar and Count Geffen are surprised and excited at the same time upon hearing the word "demons".

"Hehe. Demons, huh? How about your Lesser Key, Count Hescon?" asked Count Geffen.

"Hm? Do you mean if mine is awakened? No. I just mastered all of the cursed enchantments and spells in my Lesser Key. But, to go as far as summoning literal demons? No. Not - yet. Even if the ones in the higher-ups are also desperate to find that user, we will be the ones who will find it first." Count Hescon said with an evil smile.

"Hahaha! Wonderful! I might as well awaken mine!" Count Geffen cheered.

"But, why does the House of Treasures has anything to do with this?" asked Count Kadar.