Chapter 02 - A New Beginning

...

...

...

After the transport spell, Harvey lies on the wooden floor, motionless. Until seconds later, he began twitching his arms and feet. As he opens his eyes, he gets up quickly gasping for air.

"Argh! *pant* "

He then starts to look around and gets up, wondering what this place may be. All he sees are scrawny and broken wooden pillars and furniture seemingly abandoned a long time ago.  

" Wha-where am I? This is some kind of an old mansion? Why does it look like it's about to collapse at any moment? "

There are no people in sight. It's just Harvey all alone by himself. As he continues to wander, around in the basement, he noticed a distinguishable metal lever. He lowered it down and it opened a hidden passage and a door. He goes in and is shocked by what he sees - it's his room in his previous world.

"Wha- HOW?"

Harvey then checks if it's really his room. The layout is the same, the orientation is the same, and the books and his computer are in the same place. Then he checks underneath his bed. He finds the Browning Hi-Power pistol case he got from his grandpa Alex.

"It's real! Wha-HOW?! I can't believe that my room is here! Is this one of the angel's tricks?! " he shouted as he finds the pistol inside the case.

But then, he heard a female voice again inside his head. It's the same as the angel's voice but this time, the tone is different. It is now robotic and monotone.

The female robotic voice then says:

"Welcome to the Overall System Assessment...."

"Harvey Johanson"

"What?" Harvey asked in confusion.

After that, various huds and holograms suddenly came out one at a time with the female voice.

"Health and Medical Function System....."

*engaged*

"Reactive Armor System...."

*activated*

"Inventory Space System...."

*activated*

"Weapon Selection Interface...."

*activated*

"Military Development System...."

*activated*

"Communication Based System...."

*online*

"Have..a..very..safe..day."

Astounded and shocked. Harvey asks himself:

"Wait, this looks kind of familiar. And why do I have this-"

Harvey then realized that the angel gave him a certain power which was based on what he had already known about in his previous life.

"Huh. I guess this is what the angel was referring to "powers"? Looks like she wants me to be at least comfortable in saving this another world".

"If I remembered correctly, the angel mentioned that this medieval world is "turbulent". Bummer. How do I fucking start then?"

He then checks his Inventory Space System.