Chapter 20 - Bishops of the King

...

...

...

*beeeeeeeeep*

"Recording log..."

"Week 2"
"Tuesday"
"2203 hrs."
"Throne Room"
"King's Castle"
"Pridel, Alemeda Kingdom Capital"

...

...

...

As the operators from the DELTAS and FOXTROTS Group entered, all eyes are on them with utter surprise and shock. The Talenteds and Key Casters in front of Marquess Vertal form up into a combat formation, shielding the Marquess. 

"WH-WH-WHO ARE YOU, PEOPLE?! ANSWER ME!" the Marquess shouted at them, but the operators just stared at them with their red and blue glowing "eyes" and their suppressed rifles pointed at them. They can already feel that they are being overpowered just by the auras the operators emanating. 

King Galian meanwhile, continues to pretend that it is his first time seeing them as well. He stands up to his throne chair and hides behind his elf maid, pretending to trip while doing so. Immediately recognizing the King's intent, the elf maid secures the King behind the throne chair.

On the ground, some operators watch their surroundings behind their covers of pillars and furniture, while the front is prepared to engage the Marquess and his forces.

"Bastards. ARE YOU ALSO HERE FOR THE HOLY BOOKS AS WELL, HUH?!" the Marquess continued to shout at the operators. But, this slip of the words quickly piqued the interest of King Galian behind the throne chair.

"What? Holy Books? For what purpose will they use them? There are no surviving Holy Books since the downfall of the Cathedral City many years ago." the King whispered to himself. The elf maid heard him and asks him a question.

"R-Really, your majesty?"

"Yes. In fact, the Angel Rafael helped me to look for holy books inside the Cathedral City. But sadly, all that was left was burned and evaporated scriptures and books. The ones that the current churches are using right now aren't the original ones and were merely copies and came from their vivid memories to help them fight Unholy-Magic."

"I-I see. Though, it is not effective just like we thought."

"Indeed. The churches are easily corrupted by the snakes. So, better watch out for them as well." Understood?" 

"Understood, your majesty."

Back in the room, Marquess Vertal still hasn't received any responses yet from the operators, and his patience finally runs out. He orders his forces to engage.

"Still can't answer me? ATTA - " the Marquess ordered but was cut when suddenly, the operators began firing first. Hail of lead wheeze to the Talenteds and the Key Casters. For their normal defensive attributes, all of the Talenteds and Key Casters are cast with Anti-Physical Attack Shields and High Levels of Magic Barriers. However, the concept of Anti-Magic is not known to them, as the only creature to ever had the such capability, is none other than the Angel Razhiel herself or now known as Fruchiel. Due to this, it takes no longer than five seconds for the Talenteds and Key Casters to realize that their Magic Barriers are slowly breaking down due to the bullets cast with Anti-Magic spells from the operators.

"HO-HOW CAN THIS BE?!" a Talented gasped while preparing to engage the operators.

"MY SHIELD IS BREAKING AWAY! FUCK!" a Key Caster also gasped just as he also starts attacking the operators, but then halts to reinforce his Magic Barrier first.