SIX

a little angsty

kai
hello
sorry for what i said
in the group thing

taehyun
it's alright
you were not wrong

kai
i'm on my way

taehyun
as am i

kai
ah fuck
i forgot how weird you are

taehyun
thanks

kai
sorry
i haven't seen you in forever

taehyun
i know right
i'm so excited

kai
🤗
bye i'm driving

taehyun
byebye kai
see you soon

     "kai," taehyun yelled. kai turned around and smiled, walking up to the shorter male.

     taehyun stood awkwardly in front of him, not sure what to say. "it's been a minute." he managed out.

     "yup, i figured out all the routes to avoid passing by you in between classes. it takes me an extra minute or two now, but it saved me the annoying thought of-" he stopped for a second. "of everything."

     taehyun laughed and looked down. "jeez.. that's kinda mean.." he scratched his neck. "just take the normal route now, save your few minutes instead."

     kai smiled and punched him lightly on the shoulder. "let's go?" he said, taehyun nodded and followed him into the park.

soobin
hello
how is it going
i'm so afraid right now
plz answer
did you cry yet

kai
bro
why would i cry
everything is great
cool your beans dude

soobin
the beans are hot
text me if anything
i'll pick u up

kai
thanks
leave me alone now

soobin
sorry
have fun
love you

kai
take that back

soobin
yeah sorry i don't mean ts ☠️☠️
bye kai

kai smiled before putting his phone in his pocket to walk beside taehyun. he was reminded of the weekend nights they used to spend together at that very park, hours and hours of just talking.

unlike the other relationships in this group of boys, taehyun and kai had something quite different, even though they were never official. none of them are though, so it doesn't matter.

they liked each other because of the people they were. not on the outside, like everyone else, but you know. cliche stuff like that. and unfortunately, they both still do.

even after being led on and broken over and over again by the same boy, kai was never able to get over his feelings for him. that was why he kept going back to him every time. because something about taehyun made it so hard for him to let go.

and taehyun, every time that he'd start something again with that poor boy, he'd convince himself that he'd change for him, that he'd learn to commit and settle down. he knew that there wasn't another person who could make him as happy, but still. too scary.

night after night of beating himself up for being a coward and now finally, after 4 months, they're together again. not as whatever they were before, but simply friends. maybe? hopefully. neither of them felt like getting hurt again.

kai pointed over to a spot in the field, next to a swingset that creaked every time it swung. "do you remember-"

"yes." taehyun interrupted. kai looked over at him. "i didn't even finish," he scoffed.