SIXTEEN

— mature (a little)

beomgyu yawned and stretched as he walked out of his bedroom. it was early in the morning, but surprisingly, everyone was already awake. he blinked and stumbled a bit at the sight of the boys standing in the living room. he sniffled and scratched his head.

"morning," taehyun said, gesturing he join them. "how come everyone's awake??" he asked, sitting down with a plop next to soobin.

"we're deciding which two will go to that little store and work today," kai said, standing next to the couch with a hand on his chin. beomgyu gasped a little. "i wanna go!" he said, grinning from ear to ear.

soobin turned to look at him. "what? why do you wanna go?"

he giggled and kicked his feet the slightest. "it'll be fun!! i always wanted to work in a store like that.." he mumbled. taehyun huffed and nodded.

"good, we've been arguing cuz no one wants to go, now we just need one more person," he said with a sigh, shaking his head. "if anything, it should be yeon-"

"i'll go," soobin said, yeonjun's head shooting over to stare at him with a look. "what?" he said, with a scoff.

"you were just saying you'd rather clean up this entire house than go work there, now suddenly you wanna go?" he asked.

"chill out, it's not like he'll do anything with $200 on the line." taehyun muttered, yeonjun blinking at him and turning to stare at soobin.

soobin gulped and averted eye contact, scratching his neck. $225....

kai smacked yeonjun's arm. "whatever! just be grateful you don't have to go, you're the one who got us into this situation anyway," he said.

taehyun nodded and shot a pen from the counter towards yeonjun. "ow! you know, fuck you all!" he said, getting up and walking to the room.

beomgyu blinked and pointed towards the room worriedly. "i-is he...?"

soobin shook his head. "he'll be fine, he's just like that."

kai cleared his throat and clapped. "alright, it's settled then. you two go to the store at 10 and come back around 3."

soobin sighed and and nodded, gyu raising his hand for a high five. soobin smiled, a little alone time with gyu sounded fun, even if it had to be in some store. it's not like anyone shops there anyway, nobody even lives there.

     soobin held beomgyu by the arm as he walked with him into the store, the cashier, snoring at the desk, startled awake and slammed her hand on the table.

     "you're here! okay, i'm going home," she said, shooting up out of the chair and grabbing a backpack. beomgyu blinked. "u-um.." he mumbled.

     she stopped her quick footsteps in front of them and sighed. "i'm haerin, my grandpa owns this place. you're saving me so much time at this piece of shit, see you later," she said, smiling and walking out quickly.

     beomgyu turned back to where she left and gulped. soobin scoffed. "what's your problem?"

     "she was really pretty," he mumbled. soobin stared at him. he started to laugh and beomgyu slapped his shoulder. "why're you laughing??"

     "pretty? she? you're the gayest person i know, beomgyu," he said, laughing with his hands on his knees. beomgyu huffed and walked around him to the desk, sitting in the rolling chair and spinning around.

     soobin pulled up a seat next to him and grabbed his chair quickly, stopping his circles as beomgyu jerked forward. "hey!"

     "stop, i don't need you throwing up like you did in 8th grade," he said with a chuckle. beomgyu groaned and threw his head back. "will you shut up about that? it's not funny!" he complained.