EIGHTEEN

beomgyu stepped up onto the bus, walking to the back where the 5 of them would sit. he stopped to look at soobin sitting at the window. making a decision he wouldn't normally make, he sat two seats away, leaving one in between them where kai would eventually sit.

     soobin glanced over at him and blinked, what's wrong with him? why didn't he sit next to me? he thought to himself, shaking his head after reminding himself of the unimportance of that small seat decision.

     it was quiet as the others came and soobin hadn't ever felt so strangely around beomgyu. something was off.

     the five were all slumped in their seats, early in the morning, on a bus that had just started on its way. soobin leaned his head against the window and took a deep breath, shutting his eyes. the embarrassment would not go away.

     kai had just turned the doorknob to leave the house when soobin slammed it shut. he put his hand out, palm facing the air. he huffed.

     "what the fuck?" kai mumbled, trying to open the door again. soobin stopped him. "pay up!" he said, triumphantly.

     kai blinked at him and nodded, reaching into his pocket, glancing at beomgyu and yeonjun signaling they'd do the same. yeonjun sighed, standing with his arms crossed.

      soobin smiled, happily watching as kai and beomgyu pulled money out their wallets.

       "we had sex," yeonjun said loudly.

     4 heads shot up to stare at him, taehyun stifling a laugh and plugging his nose.

     kai sighed and slid his wallet back into his pocket, beomgyu expectantly staring at soobin, who stood defeated. his head whipped to yeonjun and he blinked.

     "you asshole," he muttered, receiving a nonchalant shrug in response. kai clicked through his teeth. "that's fucking gross, why the hell didn't you own up? how did you even manage to lose?"

     soobin put his head in his hands, trying to avoid beomgyu's eyes which he could feel burning sad little holes into him.

     "whatever, i get it, okay? i'm an addict, o-or whatever, leave me alone," he said quietly, opening up the door and hurrying out.

     soobin craned his neck a bit to peek at beomgyu, who he found staring blankly into space and biting his nails. he blinked, pulling out his phone.

soobin
u good?

      he watched as beomgyu picked up his phone, reading his message and for some reason, promptly putting it back down. soobin frowned a little.

soobin
bruh

beomgyu
yes

soobin
yes ur good?

beomgyu
yes
am tired

soobin
howd u sleep?

beomgyu
very nice

soobin
👍

     the fuck is his problem? of course he'd be upset about the sex thing, but damn. soobin never thought he'd see beomgyu talk like that, especially to him. he sighed and scratched his head, staring at him around kai, who's head fell over onto his shoulder as he slept.

      he watched him for a bit, just looking, adoring, almost. over the course of the time that they'd known each other, soobin felt that beomgyu had only gotten more attractive. maybe because he liked him.

     to soobin's embarrassment, beomgyu turned his head and glanced at him, their eyes meeting. soobin turned away quickly.

     beomgyu blinked, chewing at his cheek and trying his best to fall asleep and not think about all the recent events. he was happy they were finally on their way home, though he wished he could've spent more time with kai and taehyun instead of worrying so much about that stupid crush of his.

     watching these nervous glances and awkward mannerisms go back and forth, yeonjun leaned his head against the window opposite of soobin. he stared at the two and thought. maybe i'm the problem here. he clearly likes him, but why not me? after so long?

      he watched as soobin looked over to beomgyu with a stupid, almost infuriating, worried look on his face. could everyone just stop? everything was okay before beomgyu came along, but he knew he couldn't blame him for it.

     it's him who agreed on the "friends with benefits" bullshit, totally oblivious to how much he'd end up liking soobin. he face palmed, i made the bed, now i have to lie in it.

[ a / n ]
hello guys sorry that this chapter is sjort i just want to get thru this stupid trip like omh...
anyways i love olivia