NINE

"i can't believe our parents said okay," he mumbled.

beomgyu sighed and rested his head on the back of his bus seat. "yeah, me neither.." he said, exasperatedly looking over at the seats next to him. soobin, kai, taehyun, and yeonjun.

freaking yeonjun, bro..... he face palmed. soobin stared at him. "what's your problem?"
beomgyu shook his head.

"nothing, i'm tired." he lied, smiling wide and watching as the corners of soobin's lips curled upwards, probably unintentionally. he blushed.

     "how much longer??" kai complained, slumping in his seat. "kai..." soobin sighed.

     the 5 had just gotten on a bus ride to some rural town where soobin's aunt used to live. it was 7:33am, and soobin was completely rethinking his decision of inviting beomgyu. it was supposed to be just him and kai, but his mistake turned it into a whole group trip...

"will you shut up? we just got on!" beomgyu said, kai rolling his eyes in response. he laid his head over onto taehyuns shoulder and shut his eyes. soobin and beomgyu shared a look.

they were all sat in the back row in order of beomgyu, soobin, taehyun, kai, and yeonjun. beomgyu stared out the window at the passing trees with his chin rested on his fist. he'd spent all night praying and praying that this spontaneous little trip would go well, he barely got any sleep.

"soobin," yeonjun craned his neck and soobin looked over. "how many rooms are there? in that house," he asked. the other three turned their heads expectantly, all hoping for the same number.

"two," he said. "two bedroom, two bath,"

that was not the right number. beomgyu and yeonjun made eye contact for a moment before yeonjun broke it quickly. "so? who's rooming with who?" taehyun asked.

those expectant stares hit soobin again and he shrugged. "i don't know, you decide!" he said, almost anxious.

beomgyu quickly grabbed soobin's arm. "i'm with hyung," he said. yeonjun blinked. he nodded his chin toward the two of them. "then it's settled,"

soobin tilted his head. "kai and taehyun, me, beomgyu and soobin." he said. everyone's eyes got big.

"heck no! that's stupid!"

"m-me and taehyun? why-"

"i have to room with both of you?"

"will you chill out? personally, i think yeonjun's idea is pretty great." taehyun said. beomgyu rolled his eyes. "yea, that's cuz you just wanna-" soobin placed a hand over his face and beomgyu made muffled noises before pulling it off.

"don't even, beomgyu. you know you want the same thing," yeonjun said. beomgyu's mouth dropped open and he huffed. "leave me alone! why do even you wanna room with me?!"

"i don't, trust me," he said, soobin sighed. "whatever, that's fine, let's just go with that." beomgyu squeezed his arm. "but hyung-"

"it's fine, beomgyu." he repeated. beomgyu frowned and sat back, keeping his hands wrapped tightly around soobin, who looked down at his fingers and hesitated to pull away.

kai sighed and adjusted his head on taehyun's shoulder, picking at his thumbnails unconsciously. taehyun pulled out his phone and typed into his notes. he tapped his shoulder and gestured for him to read the text before passing it over.

[ notes app ]

you okay?

sleepy